Oh Dear, Doctor!

by Robert Clifford | Humor |
Registered by abigailann of Wallingford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 10/31/2012
Journal Entry 1 by abigailann from Wallingford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Donated by Shippon Book Sale

Journal Entry 2 by wingjax987654321wing at Ealing, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, December 15, 2012
I picked this up at the London Meet up in Waterloo. I thought it might be a very light funny read and I need some of those. It is also light and easy to carry, so will be ideal for all the bus journeys I tend to make.

Journal Entry 3 by wingjax987654321wing at Ealing, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, January 24, 2013
I have now read this. It was a good book to take to read on the bus as it has short chapters and light material. It took you back to a bygone era when hospital wards were allowed to turn a side room of the ward into a drinks room, when gp's did their own on call and there were no mobile phones!

I did enjoy this. I will take this into work and put in on the window sill of the eating area. It will probably not be journalled, however I am sure someone will enjoy it.

Released 6 yrs ago (1/25/2013 UTC) at Notting Hill Housing, in Hammersmith and Fulham, Greater London United Kingdom

left in the staff canteen area of the Sussex place offices. You would need to ask the receptionist to let you through to look at the books or get it for you, however they are lovely.

Journal Entry 5 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, March 29, 2013
Thanks for the "extra"~~it looks entertaining!

Journal Entry 6 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, August 25, 2013
Definitely a long-bygone era, at least on this Continent. I'm not finished, but am currently enjoying it. I'm also appreciating that it's in short easily readable bits; keeping in my car for 'waits' at various places.

Journal Entry 7 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (9/26/2013 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

A light enjoyable read, that makes me long for smaller places and perhaps, a bit, for another time. Thanks so much for sharing this jax :)

Having enjoyed it myself, I offered it in a vbb, and it's been quickly chosen. So now I have to pop it in an envelope and get to the PO~~ it's on the way to tabby-cat-owner.
tabby, hope you also find it a delight!

Journal Entry 8 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Sunday, October 06, 2013
I received this book in the mail from Erishkigal of Salt Lake City, Utah. I chose this book from a vbb.

Thank you, Erishkigal, for donating this book to the vbb and for mailing it to me. It looks like an interesting and entertaining read.

Journal Entry 9 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Saturday, February 16, 2019
I have been slowly reading this book for at least a year. It was on a pile of books by my bed but was not given top priority. Then, I decided to carry it in my purse and finished it off. It reminds me of a time when people were not as pretentious as today and doctors weren't millionaires. I was surprised to read about the doctor's old rattletrap of a car that he bought for his wife to use and his tight family budget. It was also amusing to read about the eccentric characters the doctor encountered in his practice and in the town where he lived. It was nice to read about a time when life seemed slower.

Journal Entry 10 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing at 32nd Street and Shea in Phoenix, Arizona USA on Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Released 8 mos ago (2/19/2019 UTC) at 32nd Street and Shea in Phoenix, Arizona USA

This book was left in the Little Free Library located to the left of the path that leads to 32 Shea coffee bistro which is located on the northwest corner of 32nd Street and Shea Boulevard. It was released for the Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes release challenge.