Neverwhere

by Neil Gaiman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by tracy920 of Greensboro, North Carolina USA on 10/23/2012
Journal Entry 1 by tracy920 from Greensboro, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Picked this up at a used bookstore, one of my favorites.

Journal Entry 2 by tracy920 at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (10/23/2012 UTC) at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Sent to Vasha for the stick or twist rabck

Journal Entry 3 by Vasha at Ithaca, New York USA on Monday, October 29, 2012
Arrived today, thanks! I'll get started on it right away. It's raining here and predicted to rain a lot more; meanwhile I'll be curled up in front of my gas fireplace with a cup of tea and a cat, reading Neverwhere... ahhhh....

Journal Entry 4 by Vasha at Ithaca, New York USA on Saturday, December 01, 2012
I'm sorry to say that reading this was a severely disappointing experience. Its protagonist, plucked from his privileged existence into a world of "magical" homeless people (perilously close to condescending, that), is too favored by fortune, or apparently favored because he's nice (no stronger word than "nice" seems applicable). As for the climatic test that he passes, I find it impossible to believe that nobody before him supposedly passed it.

Journal Entry 5 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Sunday, December 09, 2012
Received for the stick or twist rabck...chose to stick. Thanks vasha for sending it to me. Will read and let next person on the list decide if he/she wishes to stay with this one or read something entirely different.

Journal Entry 6 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Saturday, May 02, 2020
I love Alice in Wonderland, and yes, I can see the influences of Carroll's work on this novel of the man, Richard Mayhew, falling into the dark world London Underground and becoming involved with a labyrinthine world of characters who are alternately crazy, decent, evil, and somewhere in between.

Richard finds Lady Door bleeding on the streets of London, and once he tries to help her, his world will never be the same (or sane). Twisted logic and twisted characters. Can he save the Door from nefarious men? Will the pair and their growing pack of adventurers find what they seek and solve the riddles of their lives? Will Richard ever return to normalcy (and London as he know it)?

Thanks to Vasha for sending this book to me through the Stick Or Twist Game oh-so-long-ago. Sorry it took so long to read it, but I didn't need to send it off because the next person decided to Twist

Journal Entry 7 by wingminesaynwing at Osgood, Indiana USA on Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (5/26/2020 UTC) at Osgood, Indiana USA

"No two persons ever read the same book."--Edmund Wilson

Sharing this book with the wider world--enjoy!
I have either registered it, or received it from another person who is willing to share it, too. Consider logging onto www.bookcrossing.com and letting us know where it is been and where it is going next. It can be done anonymously or join the site as a member.

As promised...hope you enjoy the book.

Journal Entry 8 by book_drunkard at Osgood, Indiana USA on Saturday, May 30, 2020
Received today.

Oh, squeal-with-excitement!
I've been wanting to read this one for quite some time.
Now, to figure out exactly where to put it so it doesn't get lost on Mt. Toobie until I can finish up several other books that I'm currently reading.
*Sigh*