Journey to the Centre of the Earth (Wordsworth Classics)

by Jules Verne | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingBookworm-ladywing of Madrid, Madrid Spain on 10/22/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, March 17, 2014
The father of science fiction, Jules Verne, invites you to join the intrepid and eccentric Professor Liedenbrock and his companions on a thrilling and dramatic expedition as they travel down a secret tunnel in a volcano in Iceland on a journey which will lead them to the centre of the earth. Along the way they encounter various hazards and witness many incredible sights such as the underground forest.

Although published in the nineteenth century, this novel has lost none of its power and potency to excite and engage the modern reader. The novel has been filmed many times, but nothing can compare with the thrills and excitement generated by the written narrative. It is supreme escapist entertainment for all ages.

Ordered as a Birthday Group present for Book-a-neer, who has it in her WishList.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, March 24, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (3/24/2014 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today to Book-a-neer, as a Birthday Present for the Birthday Group, with some assorted goodies.
Enjoy... and Happy Birthday! :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingbook-a-neerwing at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Sunday, April 06, 2014
Received for the Bday RABCK. Thank you.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbook-a-neerwing at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Friday, January 04, 2019
Many years ago, I tried to read this book and found that it was not to my taste. I'm glad that I tried again because I really liked it.

Thank you again Bookworm-lady for sending this to me.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbook-a-neerwing at Little Free Library, Kent St in Hawthorn, Victoria Australia on Thursday, April 11, 2019

Released 9 mos ago (4/11/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Kent St in Hawthorn, Victoria Australia

If you have found this book please know that it is a travelling book. It is not lost. You see, we at bookcrossing, love our books so much that we like to share it with the world. Read it if you think it's interesting enough and/or pass it on to someone who might enjoy it as well.