Dog Tags (Andy Carpenter)

Reading Makes Me Smile!
by David Rosenfelt | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 044655152X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingBookworm-ladywing of Madrid, Madrid Spain on 10/22/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Wednesday, March 20, 2013
"A German shepherd police dog witnesses a murder and if his owner _an Iraq war vet and cop-turned-thief_ is convicted of the crime, the dog could be put down. No one loves man's best friend more than attorney Andy Carpenter, and he decides to represent the poor canine. As Andy struggles to convince a judge that this dog should be set free, he discovers that the shepherd and his owner have become involved unwittingly in a case of much greater proportions than the one with which they've been charged. Andy will have to call upon the unique abilities of this police-trained dog to help solve the crime and prevent a catastrophic event from taking place."

"I've got a thing about dogs; I an totally and completely crazy about them... Maybe it's because I've spent a lot of time dealing with the criminal justice system, but the average dog I know is paws and shoulders above my species."

Reserved for the decoy of the Animal Menagerie Sweepstakes.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (3/21/2013 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today to the Decoy in the Export an Animal Menagerie Sweepstakes.
Sorry for the delay, and I hope you'll like the dog and the "little extra somethings". :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, April 08, 2013
Thank you so much, Bookworm-lady, for this book and the other goodies! I've never been the decoy before and am thrilled! [Sorry I didn't journal sooner; life just got away from me for a while]. I look forward to reading this - thanks again!

Journal Entry 4 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, March 01, 2018
A great read. I didn't realize this was part of a series, and now I definitely want to read more of it.

Andy Carpenter is a loveable character, with a sarcastic sense of humor. It usually serves him well in his career as a defense attorney. Actually, he doesn't have to work any more, as he was the beneficiary of a huge inheritance. So now he only represents clients when he wants to - and that includes dogs, his favorite creatures. In this case it's Milo, a former police dog who was forced to "retire" due to age, despite his still excellent condition. Milo is the companion of Billy, an Iraq war veteran - and former cop - who lost a leg in the war and was also forced to retire when he returned to the States. Now the two work together as a thieving team. They steal - but only steal - so when Billy is accused of murder during a robbery, Andy represents first Milo and ultimately Billy as well.

It's well-plotted and a compelling story of the nature of evil - which runs all too deep in some circles. A real page-turner!

Journal Entry 5 by wingeponine38wing at Wedgemere Commuter Rail Station in Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, March 01, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/1/2018 UTC) at Wedgemere Commuter Rail Station in Winchester, Massachusetts USA

Left on top of a free newspaper box (well protected from the elements in this part of the station) . Hope it finds a new reader!

Released for Keep Them Moving Challenge hosted by booklady331.

Released for 2018 Asian Zodiac-Year of the Dog Challenge hosted by hyphen8.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!