No Comebacks

Annenz
by Frederick Forsyth | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingBookworm-ladywing of Madrid, Madrid Spain on 10/22/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, September 19, 2013
"The ten stories vibrate with drama and the shocks of the unexpected... chillingly effective." (Publishers Weekly)

Deception, blackmail, murder, revenge _these are the themes of stories that move from London to the coast of Spain, from Mauritius to Dublin and the Dordogne. Whether his subject is assassination by stealth, the cruel confidence trick or the cold shock of coincidence, Frederick Forsyth is never less than compulsive,the detail always authentic and evocative.

Ten stories with te master's touch _a brilliantly readable first collection by an incomparable craftsman of suspense.

Reserved for the Winner of the Act of Kindness Sweepstakes.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, September 23, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (9/23/2013 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today to the Winner of the Acts of Kindness Sweepstakes, with "a little extra somehing" from Madrid.
Enjoy, and congrats!!

Journal Entry 3 by raluk68 at București, Wallachia Romania on Friday, September 27, 2013
Got it! Thanks!
How did you know my new favorite type of stories is mystery?! :))

Journal Entry 4 by raluk68 at București, Wallachia Romania on Monday, December 16, 2013
Short stories come in handy sometimes, especially during the week-end! ;)
This is all-so-English/Irish style! :) In some of the stories the suspense is kept by the `golden-boy`, the main character, being the suspect or the investigator. In these stories I preferred the chief superintendent character ;)

Thank you Bookworm-lady for the opportunity to discover this new author!

Journal Entry 5 by raluk68 at București, Wallachia Romania on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (4/24/2014 UTC) at București, Wallachia Romania

Goes to the lucky winner of Tea & Mystery Sweeps! :)

Congrats!! :)

Journal Entry 6 by rodespringbal at Roosdaal, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Journal Entry 7 by rodespringbal at Roosdaal, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Monday, August 11, 2014
This is a collection of short stories with an ironic twist at the end. 2 stories fail to impress as we can see whats coming a mile back. I didn't read all of them...

Journal Entry 8 by rodespringbal at Roosdaal, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Monday, August 11, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (8/11/2014 UTC) at Roosdaal, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium

Will travel in my N bookring

Journal Entry 9 by saskiasosmile at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 21, 2014
This book stays behind while the other N-book travels on together with one of my books(with letter N). It looks an interesting bundle of stories. Thanks!

Released 8 mos ago (1/14/2020 UTC) at Teesvalley hospital in Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Dear finder: You have found a travelling book! It likes to be read and travel from reader to reader.
Please journal here, to tell me that you have found this book. You can do this completely anonymously.
I hope you will read and enjoy this book.
If you decide to let it go to another reader again, may I ask you to journal to say this. if you like books, please look around the bookcrossing site, maybe you would like to join.
Best wishes.