Play dirty

by Sandra Brown | Romance | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 10/22/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 22, 2012
Woohoo! Found this at a library sale & it's been on my wishlist for ages! Happy days...

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, November 23, 2012
His release from prison should have been the end of Griff Burkett's troubles ...but it wasn't.
Once an American football star, Griff is now reviled by fans for throwing a championship game. His fortune lost, he remains under the dark shadow of suspicion for an unsolved murder. Moreover, his worst enemy, the man who has pledged to destroy him, is tracking his every move. So when eccentric millionaire Foster Speakman offers Griff a vast amount of money in exchange for impregnating his wife Laura, Griff readily agrees.

What could be easier? Little does he know that this bizarre contract will trap him in a web of betrayal, with deadly consequences ...

Well, that gives you the gist of the situation & without wanting to spoil anything, I think anybody can guess what's going to happen to Griff & Laura! For me, Griff & Laura didn't have the appeal of Brown's usual characters. Griff was obviously meant to be a complex character & that he was hiding something about his past. However, the way he was portrayed made his "secret" blatently obvious! Laura just didn't really connect with me at all. While it was a reasonable read the whole storyline was lacking in credibility for me & so not one of Brown's best. IMHO anyhow, you decide for yourself....

Released 7 yrs ago (12/9/2012 UTC) at Hebden Bridge Station Library in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Released as part of the "D FOR DECEMBER" Challenge (#41)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thanks!)