The Master and Margarita

by Mikhail Bulgakov | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingLamillawing of St. Petersburg/Санкт-Петербург, St. Petersburg (Federal City) Russia on 10/22/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingLamillawing at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Saturday, February 8, 2014
Language: English, translation by Michael Karpelson

Journal Entry 2 by wingLamillawing at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Saturday, March 22, 2014
reserved for Act of Kindness sweeps

Journal Entry 3 by wingLamillawing at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Released 8 yrs ago (3/29/2014 UTC) at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

Sent today. Enjoy!

You've found a travelling book. Hurray!
The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.
Enjoy your reading!

Привет!
Спасибо, что нашли время зайти на сайт и сделать запись в журнале! Напишите, когда и где вы нашли книгу.
Перед тем, как попасть ко мне, она побывала в других уголках света. История ее путешествий записана на сайте, и теперь к ней добавился еще один пункт. Я очень рада, что она нашла нового читателя в вашем лице.

Journal Entry 4 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, April 4, 2014
Received from Lamilla as winner of the random acts of kindness sweepstake. This looks like it will be a good story. Thanks very much!

Journal Entry 5 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 17, 2014
This took me a while to read. It's quite a complex book and I think there are probably lots of political and historical references that I missed. After reading it I did look up the book online to learn a bit more about it and the writer. Thanks for introducing me to this book Lamilla!
I've seen this on a couple of wishlists so hope to get it travelling again very soon.

Journal Entry 6 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Released 8 yrs ago (4/22/2014 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

And off it goes to Lamora as a little Easter rabckery. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by Lamora at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Monday, April 28, 2014
Thank you SO much, I got the book today :)
The cat themed bc label.. I love this book already.

Update 29.09.2014
Finally managed to finish this book. Yeah .. I really didn't enjoy it that much. Just from looking at the book cover I had a few false expectations about the book's content. I guess I was more expecting a fantasy book set in Russia, than a satire about Soviet Russia with some fantastical elements.
I liked most of the characters within the book, but after a while I got confused about who is who. The long Russian names and the constant change of them didn't help either. Maybe more extensive footnotes would've helped, although the ones included didn't get me closer to understanding what is going on either.

Part 2 was definitely a lot easier to read and I enjoyed that one. Oh, and let's not talk about the Pilate chapters .... :/

Journal Entry 8 by Lamora at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Released 8 yrs ago (10/30/2014 UTC) at Graz, Steiermark Austria

Sent to alexiapapa as a RABCK :)

Journal Entry 9 by alexiapapa at Larissa / Λάρισα, Larisa Greece on Friday, November 21, 2014
I received this one last week but as it was a busy week I'm registering it now. Thank you so much :)

Released 1 mo ago (12/9/2022 UTC) at Μύλος του Παππά in Larissa / Λάρισα, Larisa Greece

After a long time of having this book at my library, it's time to let it travel again! Safe travels!