The Dying Breed

by Declan Hughes | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0719567505 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 10/21/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 21, 2012
Even the best private eye needs more than a name to find a missing person, but that's all that Father Vincent Tyrrell, the brother of prominent racehorse trainer FX Tyrrell, will offer Loy when he comes to him for help. A dwindling bank account convinces Loy to delve into the deadly underworld of horse racing, but fortune soon smiles on him: while working another case, he discovers a phone number linked to FX on a badly beaten body left at an illegal dump. Loy's been around long enough to know that there's more to the Tyrrell family than meets the eye - and then a third body appears.

At Christmastime, on the eve of one of Ireland's most anticipated racing events, the intrepid investigator bets his life on a longshot: finding answers in a shady network of trading and dealing, gambling and breeding.

Released 7 yrs ago (12/9/2012 UTC) at Hebden Bridge Station Library in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Released as part of the "D FOR DECEMBER" Challenge (#40)
& the "WHAT'S IN A NAME" Challenge (#38)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thanks!)