Glass Devil

by Helene Tursten | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by aetm of Austin, Texas USA on 10/18/2012
Journal Entry 1 by aetm from Austin, Texas USA on Thursday, October 18, 2012
Detective Inspector Irene Huss is like a Swedish equivalent of Guido Brunetti.
A good balance with the dark crimes and dark people and places she investigates; Huss is warm and a lovable character. Actually very good balance with the dark and warm (I love noir..).
Interesting characters. I think the series has me hooked...

Journal Entry 2 by aetm at Austin, Texas USA on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (1/8/2013 UTC) at Austin, Texas USA

On the way to Beth - I thought you might like this one (as another random Nordic mystery thing)... shouldn't also be too heavy to have as a traveling book, wherever you'll be traveling, far and exotic, that will have a nice place to leave a wandering book around... ;)

Safe journey little book - I hope you'll make many new friends on your travels!

"Don't ever apologize to an author for buying something in paperback, or taking it out from a library (that's what they're there for. Use your library). Don't apologize to this author for buying books second hand, or getting them from bookcrossing or borrowing a friend's copy. What's important to me is that people read the books and enjoy them, and that, at some point in there, the book was bought by someone. And that people who like things, tell other people. The most important thing is that people read... "
— Neil Gaiman

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!)

Journal Entry 3 by BethanieKay at Fort Worth, Texas USA on Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Excellent! I do love Nordic crime, so am always interested in new readers. This will be the first female author of such, so am looking forward to it. Thanks for thinking of me! :)

Journal Entry 4 by BethanieKay at Fort Worth, Texas USA on Saturday, July 13, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (7/13/2019 UTC) at Fort Worth, Texas USA

@nojokeva is just getting started again with BC after a hiatus, and she needs some books on her shelf. This has been on my TBR shelf for way too long, so I'm passing it along to read and/or release.

Happy travels, little book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingnojokevawing at Mandell Retina Center in Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (7/17/2019 UTC) at Mandell Retina Center in Virginia Beach, Virginia USA

received this book in a controlled release from bethaniekay. not sure I will read it, so I will pass along.