Special Topics in Calamity Physics

by Marisha Pessl | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by futurecat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 10/17/2012
Journal Entry 1 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, October 17, 2012
One of the Christchurch bookcrossers brought this along unregistered to tonight's meetup. I've heard good things about it, so I nabbed it.

v

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, October 28, 2012
Blue and her father move two or three times a year, as visiting lectureships take him to new towns, so she's used to not fitting in. But in her final year of high school, she finds herself unexpectedly part of the in-crowd, after their teacher encourages them to admit her to their clique. But who are these people, really, and what dark secrets do their pasts hold? As Blue finds out more about her new friends, she doesn't know whose version of the truth to believe any more.

Loved the literary referencing - it adds a whole nother layer to an already fun and complex story.

v

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (10/28/2012 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Given to a friend.

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

v

P.S. If you live in the Christchurch area, you might like to join us at our monthly bookcrossing meetups. For details, see the BCNZ Yahoo Group.