Notes on a Scandal

by zoe heller | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by ShadowPi of Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 11/17/2003
Journal Entry 1 by ShadowPi from Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 17, 2003
TBR

Journal Entry 2 by ShadowPi from Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 14, 2006
On its way to thescreaming

Journal Entry 3 by thescreaming from Cumberland, Maryland USA on Saturday, April 29, 2006
This arrived in the mail today. Thanks so much, ShadowPi!

Journal Entry 4 by thescreaming from Cumberland, Maryland USA on Sunday, June 18, 2006
I'm not really sure what to think of this book. I can't decide if Sheba, with her irresponsible behavior, is the most loathsome character in the book. The further reading I did, the more I came to dispise Barbara with her neediness and urge to make everyone's life miserable. I wish there were a little bit more to the ending.

Journal Entry 5 by thescreaming at virginia Ave. post office in Cumberland, Maryland USA on Friday, July 07, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (7/7/2006 UTC) at virginia Ave. post office in Cumberland, Maryland USA

On it's way to pinklady60

Journal Entry 6 by pinklady60 from San Diego, California USA on Monday, July 24, 2006
Thank you so much for noticing this book on my wishlist and offering it to me.

Journal Entry 7 by pinklady60 from San Diego, California USA on Tuesday, October 10, 2006
This book is about a female teacher who starts an affair with one of her underage pupils and who is found out in the end. The novel is presented to the reader in the form of a manuscript written by Barbara Covett, a spinsterish and friendless co-worker who has set herself the task of recording all the details of the case. As Sheba's life disintegrates, Barbara thrives on the situation, which she considers her chance to prove her friendship. While the plot centers around Sheba and the affair, I thought the real story was about Barbara and how she becomes increasingly more sinister as the story progresses.

Journal Entry 8 by pinklady60 at rabck in By Mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Released 13 yrs ago (5/30/2007 UTC) at rabck in By Mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

I saw this on cinnamon-girl's wishlist and am sending it as an RABCK via media mail

Journal Entry 9 by Cinnamon-Girl from Newnan, Georgia USA on Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Received today - thanks very much pinklady60! I'm not sure when I'll get to it but I definitely will, as I want to see the movie but not before reading the book. I'll journal again once I've done so and am ready to send it on to its next reader. Thanks again!

Journal Entry 10 by Cinnamon-Girl at Tin Drum Asia Cafe in Atlanta, Georgia USA on Saturday, February 16, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (2/16/2008 UTC) at Tin Drum Asia Cafe in Atlanta, Georgia USA

left on a ledge outside entrance ...