Magic Hour: A Novel

by Kristin Hannah | Women's Fiction |
Registered by wingMyssCynwing of San Antonio, Texas USA on 10/13/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingMyssCynwing from San Antonio, Texas USA on Saturday, October 13, 2012
Picked this up at a library sale at the Parmen Branch of the SAPL.
Apparently I've read this book before and enjoyed it so I'll offer it as a RABCK or use for wishlist tag, whichever opportunity arises first.

This is what I wrote for the other copy I had:
I picked this up at a library sale. I'd read it when it first came out; never even looked at the subject, I just liked the cover. I almost put it down when I started reading the story of a wild feral child who is found in a tree clutching a wolf pup. The story is more than a bit absured but I really enjoyed it.Put reality aside and you might enjoy this book too. I am offering as a ray.

Journal Entry 2 by love2cook at Pearland, Texas USA on Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Received this special RABCK from my friend MyssCyn. Thank you very much! I look forward to reading this one.

Journal Entry 3 by love2cook at Pearland, Texas USA on Friday, February 01, 2013
Received as a rabck from MyssCyn, my bookcrossing friend.

Dr. Julia Cates, psychiatrist, has been blamed for not warning people about the violent nature of one of her patients. Who went on a rampage and committed murder. She has been fighting a legal battle to be dismissed from the lawsuit. She was finally dismissed but in the mean time the press and her patients have found her guilty and her pratice is now ruined. In the town where Julia was born, her estranged sister, the chief of police, has found a little girl sitting in a tree with a wolf pup clutched in her arms. After capturing the child, she call her sister for help. Julia returns to her hometown to try to reach the girl she calls Alice, to free her from the prison of fear and isolation. An interesting story. I didn't think I would like it. However, the more I read, the more I wanted to read. I had a hard time putting the book down.

This book is now reserved for bookstogive's Literature VBB.

Journal Entry 4 by love2cook at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (2/7/2013 UTC) at Woodstock, Georgia USA

Sending to JennyC1230 as it's her pick from the Literature VBB. I hope you enjoy the story.

To the finder of this book: What you have in your hands is an honest-to-goodness gift, no strings attached. You may keep it forever and ever, pass it on to a friend, or release it "into the wild" for someone else to find. I hope you'll make a brief journal entry so all the previous and future readers can track this book's journey. Thanks, and Happy Book Crossing! :)

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, February 14, 2013
Received from Bookstogive's General Literature VBB. Thanks for sending it!

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, April 22, 2013
Book Review: I have to say this book really wowed me! It's an amazing story, all the different characters are given room in the story. I have several of this author's books on my wishlist, but this is the first one I've actually read. Really amazing!

Released 7 yrs ago (4/22/2013 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to Flossie771, this is a book on her wishlist, I hope that she enjoys the surprise! :-) Thank you for sharing your books with me!

Journal Entry 8 by Flossie771 at Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Monday, April 29, 2013
Yayyy.....thanks for this wonderful surprise. Adding to my tbr.