Plenty Enough Suck to Go Around: A Memoir of Floods, Fires, Parades, and Plywood

by Cheryl Wagner | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingwaterfallingwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 10/11/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingwaterfallingwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Thursday, October 11, 2012
trade-size paperback.

from the back cover:
The cliche "New Orleans get into people's blood" happens to be very true - just not always convenient. For Cheryl Wagner (along with her indie-band boyfriend, a few eccentric pals, some ner'er-do-wells, and two aging basset hounds) abandoning the city she loved wasn't an option. This is the story of Cheryl's disturbing surprise view from her front porch after she moved back home to find everything she treasured in shambles . . . and her determined, absurd, and darkly funny three-year journey of trying to piece it all back together.

Journal Entry 2 by wingwaterfallingwing at Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (3/13/2013 UTC) at Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Sent as selected from the NonFiction VBB.

Journal Entry 3 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, March 16, 2013
And the book is here. I have sooooo many tbr, that I was going to skip this round...but I'm a big fan of This American Life,nso how could I resist :-)

Thank you!!

Journal Entry 4 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, November 21, 2014
thoroughly enjoyable memoir of a horrific time. Imbued with the essence of New Orleans, this is a book of resilience and hope. So glad I read it :D

Journal Entry 5 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Monday, December 08, 2014
And now the ABC bookbox is here (now vbb) so I'm going to offer this so it can be selected and enjoyed by another :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, January 30, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (1/30/2015 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Yay~ this was quickly chosen from booklady's abc vbb :) Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 7 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Saturday, February 07, 2015
I received this in the mail today from erishkigal of Salt Lake City, Utah. I chose this book from the ABC VBB organized by booklady331.

Thank you very much, erishkigal for this book. It looks like an interesting book.

Journal Entry 8 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Tuesday, May 24, 2016
The heartbreak and frustration of living after Hurricane Katrina. Sometimes the writing style was a little confusing. I was horrified and disgusted by the ineptness of the city, state and federal government to deal effectively with this problem and angered at the opportunists that used the situation as a possibility to make money.

This book will be mailed off in an ABC bookring, books starting with the letter, "P".

Journal Entry 9 by Suezq60 at Lexington Park, Maryland USA on Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Received as part of the "P" Books bookring.

Journal Entry 10 by Suezq60 at Go Green Thrift Store in Lexington Park, Maryland USA on Thursday, March 28, 2019

Released 7 mos ago (3/27/2019 UTC) at Go Green Thrift Store in Lexington Park, Maryland USA

x