A Skating Life: My Story

by Dorothy Hamill, Deborah Amelon | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingFeistyPom2Lovewing of San Ramon, California USA on 10/3/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingFeistyPom2Lovewing from San Ramon, California USA on Wednesday, October 03, 2012
I was a huge fan of Dorothy Hamill's as a child!! What little girl wasn't at the time?? I remember wanting to be a figure skater, just like Dorothy Hamill, after watching her win a gold medal in the Olympics in 1976. I even had a Dorothy Hamill haircut, lol! Those were the days!!

I now look forward to reading her memoir!

Journal Entry 2 by wingFeistyPom2Lovewing at San Ramon, California USA on Sunday, January 20, 2019
As a little girl, I remember watching Dorothy Hamill skate in the 1976 Olympics. I remember being enamored with ice skating after watching the 1976 Winter Olympics. I wanted to become an ice skater like Dorothy Hamill. It wasn't until approximately 3 or 4 years later that I ever set foot inside an ice skating rink and took my very first ice skating lesson.

I loved ice skating and taking lessons. But my ice skating lessons were short lived as my mom was a single parent at the time with limited funds for lessons, ice skates, and so on. Additionally, we'd moved far from an ice skating rink, so my ice skating days came to an end. However, I feel blessed for the ice skating lessons I did take and the time spent ice skating.

When I came across the paperback edition of A Skating Life: My Story by Dorothy Hamill at a bookstore back in October 2012, I could't resist adding it to my ever growing 'to be read' pile of books. Unfortunately, I didn't make the time to read A Skating Life: My Story until this year.

Other than knowing that Dorothy Hamill won an Olympic gold medal for figure skating in 1976, I knew nothing about her personal or professional life at all. So, reading Dorothy Hamill's memoir shed a lot of new to me facts about her life.

The major complaint I have about A Skating Life: My Story by Dorothy Hamill is the writing. It was a bit bumpy at times. I'm surprised this memoir wasn't written better, especially considering that Ms. Hamill had help writing her memoir.

Released 1 mo ago (1/21/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library at 453 Lirio Street in Solana Beach, California USA

Happy reading!!