The Dante Club: A Novel

by Matthew Pearl | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingJudySlump612wing of Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on 10/1/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingJudySlump612wing from Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Monday, October 01, 2012
To my chagrin, I simply could never connect with this book. I can see that it's well plotted and well written, but I had to force myself to keep on with it. Readers who are more interested in the Boston area, or the great literary figures of the 19th century, or in Dante's Inferno, will enjoy this book more than I did. So I will set it free and hope that the magic of BookCrossing brings it into the hands of those readers.

But that's just one person's opinion. Future readers, what do YOU think of this book?

Released 7 yrs ago (10/1/2012 UTC) at International Audiobook Sweepstakes, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

Just for fun, tucking the printed version in with the audio!

Journal Entry 3 by weiterferne at Houston, Texas USA on Friday, October 05, 2012
Thanks - I received indeed the printed version and the audiobook. Will give the audiobook a first try and then might send this one on.

I listened to the audiobook and couldn't connect to it either probably for the same reasons that I'm not into historic literary figures and Dante. So will make this available for another reader to enjoy.

Journal Entry 4 by weiterferne at Houston, Texas USA on Friday, June 07, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (6/7/2013 UTC) at Houston, Texas USA

Released as RABCK to alexiapappa. Hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by alexiapapa at Larissa / Λάρισα, Larisa Greece on Thursday, June 20, 2013
Safe and sound at my hands with another book, a bookmark and some labels! Thank you weiterferne! :)