Wilderness Tips

by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingAceofHeartswing of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on 9/29/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, September 29, 2012

An award-winning collection of ten stories that charts the complexities of modern life and explores the strange and secret places of the heart. The gruesome discoveries of an archaeological dig in Britain find parallels in a contemporary love affair; a girl disappears without a trace and returns to haunt a collection of landscape paintings; a nineteenth-century case of mass-poisoning on the famous Franklin Expedition stirs memories of a dead friend; a woman exacts a fittingly wicked revenge on her ex-lover; a well-known journalist is betrayed by a former mentor and friend. Brilliantly rendered, disturbing, poignant at times, scathingly humorous at others, Wilderness Tips imbues the familiar world in which we live with indelible truths.

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 22, 2014
My mom, AceofHearts, passed away from breast cancer on September 17, 2013. Aside from being one of the best people I know, she was an avid reader and took immense pleasure in Bookcrossing, her book club, and reading many great books. Unfortunately she didn't get around to reading this book.
I will be releasing this in my mom's memory.

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Little Free Library - Blue Spruce in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, October 31, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (10/31/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library - Blue Spruce in Burlington, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use my mom, AceofHearts, as a referring member.