Life Before Man

by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingAceofHeartswing of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on 9/29/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, September 29, 2012
Life Before Man vividly portrays three people in thrall to the tragicomedy some call love. Imprisoned by walls of their own construction, they are forced to make drastic choices – after the rules have changed and the boundaries have become faded. There is Elizabeth, with her controlled sensuality, who seeks solutions in the wrong men; Nate, wry and gentle husband of Elizabeth, racked by an inability to decide; and Lesje, quiet and inexperienced, who prefers dinosaurs to most men. Hanging over all of them is the ghost of Elizabeth’s dead lover…and the threat of three lives careering inevitably toward potential catastrophe.

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 22, 2014
My mom, AceofHearts, passed away from breast cancer on September 17, 2013. Aside from being one of the best people I know, she was an avid reader and took immense pleasure in Bookcrossing, her book club, and reading many great books. Unfortunately she didn't get around to reading this book.

I will be releasing this in my mom's memory.

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Little Free Library - Blue Spruce in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, June 17, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (6/17/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library - Blue Spruce in Burlington, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use my mom, AceofHearts, as a referring member.