Breakfast at Tiffany's

by Truman Capote | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingcrimson-tidewing of Balingup, Western Australia Australia on 9/21/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Friday, September 21, 2012
Book Description from Amazon:
With her tousled blond hair and upturned nose, dark glasses and chic black dresses, Holly Golightly is top notch in style and a sensation wherever she goes. Her brownstone apartment vibrates with martini-soaked parties as she plays hostess to millionaires and gangsters alike. Yet Holly never loses sight of her ultimate goal - to find a real life place like Tiffany's that makes her feel at home.

In this seductive, wistful masterpiece, Truman Capote created a woman whose name has entered the American idiom and whose style is a part of the literary landscape. Holly Golightly knows that nothing bad can ever happen to you at Tiffany's; her poignancy, wit, and naïveté continue to charm.

Also contains three other short stories:
House of Flowers
A Diamond Guitar
A Christmas Memory

On the 1001 Books List.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, January 29, 2017
This one surprised me as was nothing like I expected. I haven't seen the film so I guess I really didn't have many expectations, except somehow thought it would be a bit lighter (and have something more to do with Tiffany's). ;-)

All well written stories; "A Christmas Memory" being my favourite.

Now reserved for Icila as a wishlist tag.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Monday, January 30, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (1/30/2017 UTC) at Balingup, Western Australia Australia

In the mail to Icila. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, February 07, 2017
This morning the book arrived. Thank you !

Journal Entry 5 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, June 10, 2019
A very well known book but I didn't know what it was about. I picked it up from my bookshelf for a trip to Manhattan. Nothing to do with Tiffany but a real pleasure in the reading. Same for the other stories, a certain lightness in spite of the context.

It w'll be my June book in greenbadger's "One book a month offered 2019".

Journal Entry 6 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, July 01, 2019

Released 3 wks ago (7/1/2019 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

On its way to Greece. Enjoy the reading Lubiette !

Journal Entry 7 by wingLubiettewing at Kallithea, Attica Greece on Friday, July 12, 2019
Safe with me, thank you !