Caedmon's Song

by Peter Robinson | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingKathy74656wing of Hanau, Hessen Germany on 9/19/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingKathy74656wing from Hanau, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Spende einer Freundin fürs Bookcrossing
31.3.19: hat mir nicht so gefallen, war etwas langatmig.

Released 1 yr ago (4/26/2019 UTC) at Haus der Jugend - BC Convention 2019 in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

released at the Mainz convention 2019

Journal Entry 3 by wingBookgirrlwing at Acton, Ontario Canada on Saturday, April 27, 2019
'Picked up at the book buffet, Mainz, Germany. I read my first Peter Robinson book a year ago after it was kindly mailed to me by Over-the-Moon - all the way from Switzerland to Canada. The book was "The Summer that Never Was" and I could not put it down. One of the reasons the book came to me was because I am a rock and roll nut and there are references to many bands/musicians I like. But, even without that, I would enjoy Robinson's mysteries. I think this book is one of his early ones, and it has a low score (given by Kathy from Germany, the person who registered it)....which makes me curious. I may not like it much either, since it was before the Inspector Banks character was created (he's in all the other Robinson books I have read.) PS: Robinson has lived in Canada for quite a long time - close to Toronto, my hometown.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBookgirrlwing at Acton, Ontario Canada on Friday, May 10, 2019
Well, I have finished my fifth Peter Robinson book. This one is the earliest of the Robinson books I have read. I sort of missed DI Banks, but then, I don't think Robinson had come up with the Banks character yet in 1990. All in all, this was a very good read. The last few chapters, I just could not put it down. My heart was beating fast! I will be taking this book to our Toronto Meetup tomorrow at Harbord House Pub, where we have a big OBCZ (Official Bookcrossing Zone) with lots of books - should you be in town!

Journal Entry 5 by wingBookgirrlwing at Acton, Ontario Canada on Friday, January 17, 2020
Well....this book has ended up with me again! We recently added a Little Free Library to our front yard, so I am going to add it to that. Happy reading whoever finds this book! I love Peter Robinson's books - this is an early one.

Released 1 mo ago (9/23/2020 UTC) at Cedar Grove Lodge Bookshelf, Huntsville, Ontario in Huntsville, Ontario Canada

'Taking this book from our Little Free Library, to Cedar Grove Lodge. I give it an 8 out of 10. Dear Finder of this Book: You have found a free, "travelling" book that has been registered on Bookcrossing.com. Bookcrossing is like geo-caching for books. It is also free, anonymous and aims to foster a love of reading by leaving free books in public places. Please take a moment to make a Journal Entry (see label inside the cover) so we know it's been found. When you are done with the book, "set it free" and help its journey continue.