corner corner Loveless, Vol. 9

Loveless, Vol. 9
by Yun Kouga | Graphic Novels
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 9/15/2012

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, September 15, 2012

I've enjoyed several volumes of this series, and I liked the anime adaptation as well, so when I saw Volume 9 on sale at Barnes and Noble I couldn't resist it. It picks up from the dramatic events of Volume 8.

Without going into spoiler territory, I'll just say that my favorite parts of this volume all had to do with Kio, from the flashbacks of his first meeting with Soubi and their growing friendship to how laid-back Kio is at being kidnapped and held captive - though, granted, the captors don't seem to be trying to do him harm. Except for taking his glasses {wry grin}.

There's still plenty of angst and battles and risks here, with the depths of the background conspiracy popping up as well. The volume ends with a couple of light-hearted bonus stories, which is good, as things are looking a bit grim for most of the characters otherwise...

[The TV Tropes page for the series offers some insight and entertainment, but do beware of spoilers.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Hannaford Supermarket charity-sale bookshelf in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (8/30/2017 UTC) at Hannaford Supermarket charity-sale bookshelf in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm donating this to the ongoing charity-sale shelf. [They sell donated books for low prices, with the proceeds going to various local charities.] Hope the buyer enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2017 One Word Title release challenge. ***