The Sirens of Titan

by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by BigJohnLefty of Des Moines, Iowa USA on 9/13/2012
Journal Entry 1 by BigJohnLefty from Des Moines, Iowa USA on Thursday, September 13, 2012
Ordered this from Barnes and noble a couple weeks ago and just now getting around to journaling it.

Have read it several times, as far back as high school, but since he's probably one of the greatest American authors of the 20th century, it bears reading a few more times......

Journal Entry 2 by BigJohnLefty at Des Moines, Iowa USA on Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Weltl, I've read this book several times now, and thoroughly enjoyed it as much as ever. I hold steadfast to my belief that Vonnegut is absolutely the greatest writer of the 20th century. I've been perusing his biography randomly over the last year or so, and am starting to see where some of the ideas come from.
What totally amazed me this time was the realization that he wrote and published this in the fifties, and so much of the stuff seems so visionary. In addition, I see ideas in this book which were more fully developed in later classics such as Cat's Cradle, Slaughterhouse Five and God Bless you Mr. Rosewater.

Will release soon.....

Journal Entry 3 by BigJohnLefty at Des Moines, Iowa USA on Saturday, June 01, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (6/1/2013 UTC) at Des Moines, Iowa USA

This is going to Bulan-Purnama as a RABCK - enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by Bulan-Purnama at Springfield, Oregon USA on Thursday, June 13, 2013
Book arrived yesterday, I can't wait to read this author writings. I know I will enjoy it. Thanks BigJohnLeftyfor the RABCK.