The Moon of Innocence

by Uke Jackson | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingbookstogivewing of Springville, Tennessee USA on 9/11/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookstogivewing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Tuesday, September 11, 2012
I received this book from Goodreads to read and or release, I don't know which yet!

Amazon Editorial Review

The Moon of Innocence is a taut story of love, passion and death among the rural peasants of Catalonia in 1963. Generalissimo Francisco Franco, the last Fascist standing after World War II, was at the height of his power. Among his other acts of tyranny, he tried to abolish the Catalan language. It is against this backdrop that the young poet Cesar and Maria, the farm girl that he loves, try to find freedom in each other. Like The Sorrows of Young Werther or Romeo and Juliet, societal conventions pave the way for tragedy. The effects on romance of wheels powered by petroleum, the homogenization of culture, and desperation born of loneliness all play a part as this riveting and surprising story unfolds. A powerful tale of love, intrigue, and loss, The Moon of Innocence will stay with you long after you put it down.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookstogivewing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Released 6 mos ago (6/11/2019 UTC) at Evanston, Illinois USA

To the finder of this book:

Journal Entry 3 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Sunday, June 30, 2019
Bookstogive, your box of books made it here safely. I'm just slow to journal them here. This looks like the kind of historical fiction I enjoy. So it goes off to the TBR pile.

Journal Entry 4 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Monday, August 19, 2019
This was such a sweet and sad story. It was a retelling of Romeo and Juliet set in the Fascist environment of Spain after WWII. I really enjoyed this book. Thank you so much for sharing this with me.

Journal Entry 5 by wingnimrodielwing at St. Francis Hospital in Evanston, Illinois USA on Monday, August 19, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (8/19/2019 UTC) at St. Francis Hospital in Evanston, Illinois USA

Left on a table in the vending lounge by the cafeteria.