The Conjure Book

by A. A. Attanasio | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wildwolverine of Fredrikstad, Østfold fylke Norway on 9/9/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wildwolverine from Fredrikstad, Østfold fylke Norway on Sunday, September 09, 2012
This was a pleasant read. The story is very well written, and i do like that the plot is not plain "good vs evil". The cause of the villain is actually a noble one, though his methods and the consequenses of them are strongly questionable.

Most suitable for young teenagers, i guess.

Journal Entry 2 by Gealach at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Saturday, April 20, 2013
Found on the table at the convention.

Released 6 yrs ago (4/20/2013 UTC) at Norgeshus (BC Convention 2013) in Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden

On the table.

Journal Entry 4 by Gealach at Nacka, Södermanland Sweden on Thursday, August 29, 2013
I picked it up from the table at the convention because it seemed to be about something supernatural, but when I got home I didn't think it looked very interesting, the cover was rather boring and the story seemed like some typical teenage thing.

When I finally got around to reading it, the book turned out to be a very pleasant surprise, I really enjoyed it!

I totally agree with the first entry here, it's not obvious who is really good or evil and I liked the fact that the witch and the cat who are supposed to help Jane don't always agree on everything either. That made the story a lot more interesting. I also like the way the author uses words and older language that is probably difficult for a younger reader to understand, but explains them in a clever way.

I will probably start a bookring with this...

Journal Entry 5 by Gealach at Nacka, Södermanland Sweden on Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Bookray: (I may rearrange the order of the ray according to the members' shipping preferences)

1. babelfisk (Sweden)
2. Nordpirat (Sweden)
3. hostile17 (US)
...

Journal Entry 6 by Gealach at Nacka, Södermanland Sweden on Sunday, September 22, 2013
Will be sent to Babelfisk tomorrow.

Journal Entry 7 by babelfisk at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Wednesday, September 25, 2013
The book has arrived. And, as usual, had I forgotten all about it!

Journal Entry 8 by babelfisk at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Wednesday, October 16, 2013
I agree with the others: it gets more interesting when you discover that the border between good and evil isn't absolute. I was a bit suspicious about the ending but it turned out nice! I like the book!

Journal Entry 9 by babelfisk at Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (10/19/2013 UTC) at Jönköping, Småland Sweden

På väg till Nordpirat.

Journal Entry 10 by Nordpirat at Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Monday, October 21, 2013
Has arrived.

Journal Entry 11 by Nordpirat at Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Friday, November 01, 2013
To me this book was a disappointment.
I was a bit surprised I didn't like it. I thought I would like it when I read the previous journal entries.
I found it kind of shallow and superficial and the story and the characters irritated me.

Released 5 yrs ago (11/1/2013 UTC) at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray, Stockholm Sweden

Sent by mail a couple of days ago.

Journal Entry 13 by wingbook_drunkardwing at Osgood, Indiana USA on Thursday, November 07, 2013
Received today.
Thank you very much.
I'm looking forward to reading this.

Journal Entry 14 by wingbook_drunkardwing at Osgood, Indiana USA on Monday, January 11, 2016
Finally got around to reading this little book, and I must say, that I quite enjoyed it.
I found it an excellent escape on a couple of cold Winter evenings.
Will pass along soon to another BCer whom I hope will enjoy it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 15 by wingbook_drunkardwing at By mail, A surprise for another bookcrosser! -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (12/20/2017 UTC) at By mail, A surprise for another bookcrosser! -- Controlled Releases

A little light reading to while away the cold winter nights.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 16 by hagathorn at Grand Island, New York USA on Sunday, December 24, 2017
Thank you for the holiday gift!