The Cat Who Saw Red

by Lilian Jackson Braun | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by kiptrix of Summerville, South Carolina USA on 11/14/2003
Journal Entry 1 by kiptrix from Summerville, South Carolina USA on Friday, November 14, 2003
Purchased from Goodwill for release. Something is amiss at Maus Haus: an unsolved "suicide", a scream in the night, people disappearing. Something must be done!

Released on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 at Kayters' Mystery/Thriller Book Box #2 in KAYTERS, postal release USA.

Sent out in a book box today bound for Blythewood, SC. Where the cat gets out of the box, nobody knows.

Journal Entry 3 by cyber-librarian from Cary, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, March 30, 2004
I discovered this book in Kayter's Mystery bookbox. I finished reading this on 6/3/02. I'm hoping to use it on the book relay site to trade for other cat books that I haven't read yet.

c. 1986 -- 183 pages -- Paperback -- #4 in "The Cat Who" series
Front Cover: The captivating series featuring Mystery's most extraordinary detective team.

Back Cover: Something is amiss at Maus Haus. Not just the mystery of an unsolved "suicide" which hangs over the old mansion, but something ominous in the present-day residence. When Qwilleran moves in to work on his new gastronomical assignment, strange things vanishing houseboy. But when his old girl friend disappears, something has to be done. Qwilleran, Koko, and Yum Yum set out to solve the mystery -- and find a murderer!

Qwilleran -- a prize-winning reporter with a nose for crime. Koko -- a Siamese cat with extraordinary talents and a flair for mystery. Yum Yum -- a lovable Siamese adored by her 2 male companions. The most unlikely, most unusual, most delightful team in detective fiction!

Released 14 yrs ago (7/4/2005 UTC) at Wittenberg Inn, 5188 Wittenberg Lane North in Keizer, Oregon USA

I'm leaving this at the front desk or in the motel lobby for LoriPed in OR ... as part of a book trade.

Journal Entry 5 by loriped from Keizer, Oregon USA on Tuesday, July 05, 2005
I picked up this book in the lobby of The Wittenberg Inn. Thanks Cyber-librarian.

Journal Entry 6 by loriped from Keizer, Oregon USA on Thursday, July 27, 2006
After starting this book I realized that I had read it many years ago. I am adding it to Tribefan's Odds and Ends 2 Bookbox.

Journal Entry 7 by cougmax from Seattle, Washington USA on Friday, September 01, 2006
Pulled out of Tribefan's Odds and Ends bookbox!
This book is so cool, I have never seen the third bookplate before. I want to keep it just for that! But, alas, that is not the bc spirit! This book has already had incredible luck, being released in a hotel and found by a bc'er! I am going to wild release it today near the Pacific Beach ocean for the Animal Release Challenge 2006.

Journal Entry 8 by cougmax at Pacific Beach State Park in Pacific Beach, Washington USA on Friday, September 01, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (9/1/2006 UTC) at Pacific Beach State Park in Pacific Beach, Washington USA

Released for the Animal Release Challenge 2006 #1, Cat

Will leave near entrance sign to park.
---
Welcome to Bookcrossing! This little book has traveled and I would love for it to continue its cyber journal! Please feel free to leave an anonymous journal entry and let me know where you found the book and what you thought of the read!

Journal Entry 9 by Pootstoo from Seattle, Washington USA on Saturday, October 07, 2006
I almost missed this little book. It was tucked into the crook of a log on Pacific Beach (actually South, across the river from Pacific Beach.) I saw the label - "I'm not lost!" and puzzled over until I remember I had heard about books being released to travel. It was wet and bedraggled and I couldn't leave this little book out in the elements to be rained on and potentially washed away in the tide. So now it is dried and I have started to read it. I will release it somewhere protected - probably in a Lynnwood Washington Post Office. :)

CAUGHT IN PACIFIC BEACH - ON THE BEACH!! WASHINGTON STATE USA

Journal Entry 10 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Wednesday, October 25, 2006
I did enjoy the story. I left this book at the QFC Post Office in Lynnwood, Washington on Hwy 99 this afternoon at 1pm. It looks pretty sad - a little moldy but dry. Hope someone picks it up. Pootstoo