Catching Fire (Hunger Games, Book 2)

by Suzanne Collins | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by peterrunner of Kaltenkirchen, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on 8/25/2012
Journal Entry 1 by peterrunner from Kaltenkirchen, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on Saturday, August 25, 2012
The famous "Hunger Games" series is a quite depressing and cruel read, yet fascinating.

Journal Entry 2 by Smalin at Trier, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Heute bei mir angekommen. Vielen Dank schonmal!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I almost forgot to edit my entry...
Well, great book! I really recommend reading it. One of the best I have had the chance to read in a long time.
I didn't read the first book though. After watching the first movie I was not sure whether I liked it or not. I enjoyed the general theme but some scenes just seemed to be cut apart as it often is with film versions of books. But I was still intrigued by the story and that's why I wanted to read the second book.
And I really have to say that I loved it. It is well written and exciting. Even my boyfriend read it and was eager to read the third book - he usually thinks these kind of books are rubbish. But the disturbing and dark atmosphere of the story even got him hooked.
It also is not only a book to enjoy in your free time but a book that gets you thinking about our modern life and society and the next time you turn on the TV you might actually catch yourself reflecting about the reasons why you are watching this stuff.

Journal Entry 3 by Smalin at Trier, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Das Buch reist weiter zu dschinny. :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingdschinnywing at Hamburg, Hamburg Germany on Thursday, November 19, 2015
Arrived today already. Thank you very much!

Journal Entry 5 by wingdschinnywing at Hamburg, Hamburg Germany on Friday, November 18, 2016
"Katniss Everdeen survived the Hunger Games. Now the Capitol wants revenge."

Also the secnd book is a gripping tale, I finished the book in one day. I have seen the movie on TV (it's running again on Sunday ;-)) and think that they have adapted it quite well. Even though the book is much more detailed of course.

I'll see if there is an interest for a BookRing.

Journal Entry 6 by wingdschinnywing at Hamburg, Hamburg Germany on Sunday, November 27, 2016
Apparently no interest. So I'll put it on my AVL shelf for now.

Released 2 yrs ago (4/5/2017 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Hamburg Germany

Will be travelling to Lamilla as part of the Easter Exchange. Enjoy! :-)

Journal Entry 8 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Wednesday, April 12, 2017
Got today along with easter goodies!
I've already read the trilogy, will find the new home soon

Journal Entry 9 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Friday, February 02, 2018
Reserved for women in fiction VBB