Sister

by Rosamund Lupton | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0749942010 Global Overview for this book
Registered by momo593 of Stevenage, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 8/25/2012
Journal Entry 1 by momo593 from Stevenage, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 25, 2012
Once started, I had to keep reading this book. Lots of psychological suspense, but also conveys a sense of the emotional bonds between the sisters.

Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website.
This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels around from reader to reader. (You do not need to have read the book to make an entry.)

If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private, your e-mail address is never given out) please say momo593 sent you.

Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 2 by momo593 at Stevenage, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Released 9 yrs ago (8/31/2012 UTC) at Stevenage, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

I am putting this into the UK Bookbox organised by ScruffyKaz (BCID 536-11037370)

Journal Entry 3 by KaleLewin at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 15, 2012
Sent to me in a book box, gone on my tbr pile

Journal Entry 4 by KaleLewin at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 9, 2015

Released 6 yrs ago (4/10/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Taking to the convention where it will be released on the book table

Journal Entry 5 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, April 11, 2015
Picked up on the recommendation of another Bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 6 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, November 13, 2015
This is a great thriller but what I liked most about it was the sense of strong sisterly love and how well it was described. Very moving.

Released 5 yrs ago (11/14/2015 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

On its way to Blue_berry.

Journal Entry 8 by Blue_berry at Croydon, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Thank you for this wishlist book! I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 9 by Blue_berry at Croydon, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, January 28, 2016
I enjoyed this book, it's very engaging and I read it really fast. It is also very sad though, so I would not recommend it to someone recently bereaved or otherwise depressed. The narrator is convincing and grows throughout the story into a more insightful person. The baddy is slightly unbelievable, but so is the case in most murder mysteries, so at the end the prose comes out here stronger.

Journal Entry 10 by Blue_berry at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, April 15, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (4/15/2016 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

Sending to florence71 as part of wishlist tag game. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 11 by Florence71 at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Friday, April 22, 2016
Thanks Blue Berry for sending the book to me. It's going to stay a little on my high TBR before to be reading, and after I'll release it, of course !

Journal Entry 12 by Florence71 at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Sunday, June 20, 2021
Decluster. Have tons in english, so prefer this one found a new good home ! Not going to the milky way but not very far away from here

Journal Entry 13 by Florence71 at -Paris 12e, Ile-de-France France on Sunday, June 20, 2021

Released 3 mos ago (6/22/2021 UTC) at -Paris 12e, Ile-de-France France

For a nearly neighbour who has it on her wishlist ! Happy reading Bluemchenblatt !

Journal Entry 14 by wingBluemchenblattwing at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Thursday, June 24, 2021
A surprise in my letterbox!
Thank you Florence for the book that has been on my wishlist since 2013 - but also for the bookmark, the stamp and the card which all three say HOLIDAYS SOON!

Journal Entry 15 by wingBluemchenblattwing at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Saturday, July 17, 2021
I agree with my predecessors: This is a captivating read with a strong bond between two sisters portrayed.
I also went down completely the wrong track on my number one suspect. The author managed to integrate societal stereotypes and show how we misjudge people, without being patronising herself.

Thanks Florence71 for giving me the opportunity to finally read it.

Journal Entry 16 by wingBluemchenblattwing at MBC Strasbourg in Strasbourg, Alsace France on Saturday, September 25, 2021

Released 2 wks ago (9/25/2021 UTC) at MBC Strasbourg in Strasbourg, Alsace France

Libéré à l'occasion du MBC de Strasbourg, le samedi 25 septembre sur la table à livres, à l'attention des participants.

Libération pour les défis ABC libérations et Bookalauréat 2021.

Journal Entry 17 by wingover-the-moonwing at Strasbourg, Alsace France on Saturday, September 25, 2021
From the book buffet

Journal Entry 18 by wingover-the-moonwing at Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Friday, October 15, 2021
The way this is narrated bothered me - Bea talking to her missing sister, interspersed with conversations with a Mr Wright, while making her own investigations; it kept jumping around in time and all leading to a complicated medical scenario - not really convincing.