The Good Bride Guide

by Matt Dunn | Women's Fiction |
Registered by zinat1 of Elsdorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 8/14/2012
Journal Entry 1 by zinat1 from Elsdorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Ben Grant is fed up with meeting the wrong girl. Having just been dumped by his 29th girlfriend on his 29th birthday, he knows he can't go on like this. Why can't he be as blissfully happy as his best friend Ash, about to marry the beautiful Priti, a bride chosen by his parents?

Bought in London 2010.

Edith 20.08.2012
Well, can a guy really be so distressed? Ben is fed up by *trying* to find Mrs. Right and after his last split-up he decided that his parents should find the right wife for him. That ends in different very funny situations (still laughing about several cats watching him ;-))
I liked it but it is a bit lengthy.....

I keep that book because I'm waiting for an english chick-lit Box to swap!

Will be part of the chick-lit /romance bookbox now! Hope to hear from you again!

Journal Entry 3 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Another book from the Romance/Chick lit book box... Looks like a quick read, again I'll see if I read and replace or re-place it in the box.

Journal Entry 4 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Thursday, October 4, 2012
When I picked this up out of the chicklit bookbox, I wondered if "Matt" was short for Mattie or Mathilda or something. Can't say I've read a lot of chick lit written by men, but this pretty much works.
This being said, the Ben in the story is incredibly lame, in a somewhat endearing way. I suppose self-deprecation is a genre too (think Bridget Jones), but one starts to wonder what woman in her right mind could possibly find this guy appealing. I can only suppose that he underplays (or never mentions) whatever assets he may actually have. I think this one will travel on with the box.

Journal Entry 5 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (5/11/2013 UTC) at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland

This book is going back in the box which is returning to the person who started it, so I've put back all the books which she didn't read. Thanks for making this box available - enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingbloedengelwing at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, May 17, 2013
Thank you guys / girls for sending it home !
It was intended for Marijketje, but she went of radar, alas :)
I love chiclit myself too !

Journal Entry 7 by wingbloedengelwing at Vosselaar, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, October 11, 2015
Funny book. A quick read indeed. If it weren't for the hughe amount of books in the house, it would have travelled much sooner.
It is really intelligent fiction too, something you would not expect from a chicklit with a title and cover like this.
Asheef seems like a nice friend to have.

Journal Entry 8 by wingbloedengelwing at Walibi in Wavre, Brabant Wallon / Waals-Brabant Belgium on Sunday, October 11, 2015

Released 6 yrs ago (10/10/2015 UTC) at Walibi in Wavre, Brabant Wallon / Waals-Brabant Belgium

At the genie's castle ...