The Lady of the Rivers (Cousins War 3)

by Philippa Gregory | Women's Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingInto-the-Bluewing of Stade, Niedersachsen Germany on 8/4/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingInto-the-Bluewing from Stade, Niedersachsen Germany on Saturday, August 04, 2012
Bought on the Dover - Calais ferry on our way home as a offer 3 books for 2 Pound

from the cover:
1435. Rouen, Jacquetta of Luxembourtg is left a wealthy young widow when her husband, the Duke of Bedford, dies. Her only friend in the great household is Richard Woodville, the Duke's squire, and it is not long before the two become lovers and marry in secret.

The Woodvilles return to the Lancaster court, where Jacquetta becomes close friends with young King Henry VI's new queen. But she can sense a growing threat from the people of England, and the danger of royal rivals. The king slides into a mystreious sleep: Margaret, his queen, turns to untrustworthy favourites for help; and Richard, Duke of York, threatens to overturn the whole kingdom for hsi rival dynasty, the House of York.

Jacquetta fights for her king, her queen and her daughter Elizabeth Woodville, for whom she senses and extraordinary future. A sweeping powerful novel rich in passion and legend. The Lady of the Rivers tells the story of the real-life mother to the White Queen.

12.12.2018
I do have far too many books on my TBR shelfes. I am sorting books out now. I will let this one go unread by me.

Released 5 mos ago (4/26/2019 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Site in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

I will send the book with some others to chawoso, who will kindly take them for me to the bookcrossing convention in Mainz. I hope one of the attendees will be interested in it and take it home. Who knows…?

Have fun at the convention!

Journal Entry 3 by teachie at High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 28, 2019
I was so pleased to find this Philippa Gregory book at the Mainz Convention. I will journal again when I have read it before it is released.