corner corner Suspense and Sensibility

Suspense and Sensibility
by Carrie Bebris | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingPebbletoolwing of Berlin, Berlin Germany on 8/3/2012

status (set by carelaisa): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingPebbletoolwing from Berlin, Berlin Germany on Friday, August 03, 2012

"Suspense and Sensibility (Or, first impressions revisited)
A Mr. & Mrss. Darcy Mystery
Elizabeth Darcy and her beloved husband Fitzwilliam have taken on the responsibility of finding suitable suitor for Elizabeth´s younger sister Kitty, thereby assuring her a proper place in society.
The angels smile on the young, a perfect match is found, and wedding plans are soon under way. Suddenly a change in personality occurs in Kitty´s soon to be model husband - a change that jeopardizes not just the Darcys´ social standing but their lives.
A mysterious mirror and an insidious reprobate from the past are parts of a dangerous puzzle - and the consequence of failing to solve that puzzle may be the exchange of a soul for a soul.
Once again the Darcys take center stage as the Regency era´s answer to The Thin Man´s Nick and Nora, searching for truth between tea times, amid the social whirl of Jane Austen´s England."

Journal Entry 2 by wingPebbletoolwing at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Berlin Germany on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (8/4/2012 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Berlin Germany

Wishlist-RABCK for a Jane Austen fan! Have fun reading! :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingRochester74wing at Gießen, Hessen Germany on Monday, August 13, 2012

I am looking forward to read this book. It will be my first Mr. and Mrs. Darcy Mystery.

Journal Entry 4 by wingRochester74wing at Gießen, Hessen Germany on Monday, September 24, 2012

I liked the book a lot and I am looking forward to read all the other mysteries of Mr. and Mrs. Darcy :-)
The story starts very smooth and very familiar. A young girl is send to London with relatives for her first season to find a husband. And than suddenly the whole story changes. It took me a few chapters to get used to all the mysterystuff, but than I liked it.
I guess Elizabeth and Fitzwilliam will never have a boring marriage ;-)

It's gonna be a RAY and you know how this workes: Do not keep this book for ages and you can always ask to get a place futher down the list, if it's necessary ;-)

- tourvel Germany
- a nonBCfriend of tourvel Germany
- bluezwuzl Germany
- Tsjara Netherlands (shipping Europe)
- Icila France (ships whereever)
- QueenSissi Portugal (shipping Europe)
- Storm0103 (wants to be skipped and gets a place at the end of the list) :-)
- Soozreader Finland (shipping Europe)
- Kiki66 Germany (shipping international)
- Billbooks Australia
- carelaisa Canada (prefers shipping Canada/USA) <-------------It's here right now :-)
- Storm0103 (asked to be skipped again)
And now the book may travel whereever it wants to (I am very fond of wild theme releases ;-)).

More books of this series:
1.book Pride and Prescience
3.book North by Northanger

Journal Entry 5 by tourvel at Alsdorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, October 26, 2012

Book arrived. I will start reading it at the weekend.

30.11.2012
I'm half through and I like it so far.

06.01.2013
Finally finished and I like it. The last five pages I read barefoot in my corridor because my husband wanted to sleep :-)
I'm quite sure Austens Elisabeth is not the superstitious woman who believes in the supernatural, but it was quite fun to read!

Journal Entry 6 by tourvel at an einen weiteren Leser, per Post geschickt -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (2/7/2013 UTC) at an einen weiteren Leser, per Post geschickt -- Controlled Releases

Auf dem Weg zu meiner Freundin am Bodensee. Viel Vergnügen damit!

28.06.2013
Ich hatte gestern extra nochmal meine Freundin angerufen um zu fragen, ob sie das Buch losgeschickt hat - was sie bejahte - und schon ist der Angekommen-Eintrag da :-)

Sie hat das Buch nur zu etwa einem Drittel gelesen und konnte sich als Jane-Austen-Fan/Pride & Prejudice-Fan/Jane-Austen-Oxford-Online-Kurs-Absolvent nicht damit anfreunden ;-) - Ich hoffe, sie liest das hier nicht *lach*

Journal Entry 7 by bluezwuzl at Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany on Friday, June 28, 2013

Gestern bei mir angekommen und schon "in Gebrauch"
Danke für's schicken!

Journal Entry 8 by bluezwuzl at Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany on Saturday, July 06, 2013

It is fun to have the characters of different J.A. Novels interact in a new story, and it is quite a treat, to see Lucie speechless...
As inverstigators, even X-Files-style, Darcy and Elizabeth appear not quite convincing.
Nevertheless a nice read, and I'm looking foreward now to "North by Northanger"...

The book is on its way to Tsjara now - bon voyage!

Journal Entry 9 by wingTsjarawing at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, July 11, 2013

The book arrived here safe and sound. Thanks bluezwuzl for sending (nice stamps too)!
I will start with this one soon as (strangely) I don't have any other bookrings/rays here at the moment.. (o_o).

Journal Entry 10 by wingTsjarawing at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

This was quite a fun read, if a bit predictable (the "mystery" part). Of course, you can't expect it to be much like Jane Austen's novels, but the supernatural stuff is kind of strange (then again, I've also read Pride and Prejudice variations with zombies and vampires :p). Nice to see the characters from different Austen books interacting with each other too. Easy and entertaining to read, perfect for the hot summer days. :)

Thanks for sharing the book Rochester74!
The Darcys will be travelling to Icila tomorrow. :)

Journal Entry 11 by wingTsjarawing at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (7/25/2013 UTC) at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Book is on its way to Icila. Happy reading! :)

Journal Entry 12 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

The book is now in France with me. It was safely waiting for me with my husband and some other BC books while I was at the sea-side not far away under this incredible sun.

Journal Entry 13 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Amusing to read how authors can play with Austen's characters.

Journal Entry 14 by wingIcilawing at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (9/3/2013 UTC) at La Chapelle-sur-Erdre, Pays de la Loire France

On its way to QueenSissi.

Journal Entry 15 by QueenSissi at Gouveia, Guarda Portugal on Monday, September 16, 2013

It is now in Portugal. Thank you!

Journal Entry 16 by QueenSissi at Gouveia, Guarda Portugal on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Sorry for stalling the book for so long. I really enjoyed it and once I strated it I couldn't let it go. It was different from what I initially expected - thus the suspense :).

Sending it forward as soon as I get Storm's address! * asked not to be a part of the bookring, so I'm waiting for Soozreader's address.

Journal Entry 17 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The book arrived safely today! Thank you! Happy New Year to everybody!:)

Journal Entry 18 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

I enjoyed this book very much, Thank you for sharing it!:) I liked how the story was written and how it evolved...and it wasn't too fantasy-type of a book even for me:)

This book travels onwards as soon as I manage to get to the post office!

Journal Entry 19 by wingSoozreaderwing at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (1/8/2014 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

The book is on its way to the next reader! Happy reading!:)

Journal Entry 20 by kiki66 at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

..and here it is!

thanks for sending it my way - will read asap. - no other ring/ray before!!
(believe it or not...)

Journal Entry 21 by kiki66 at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (2/18/2014 UTC) at Gauting, Bayern Germany

Well, that was indeed fun to read - and as I agree to what all the other readers have
written I refrain from adding my own thoughts :-)

The book is on its way to Australia by now!

thanks for sharing...

Journal Entry 22 by Billbooks at Malvern East, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Book has safely arrived in Australia. Five books have arrived in the past week I think I will be busy.

Journal Entry 23 by Billbooks at Malvern East, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I am moving this book on I have too much to read at the moment and falling well behind.

Journal Entry 24 by carelaisa at Québec, Québec Canada on Monday, May 12, 2014

It got here last Friday. Already looking forward to read it!

Thanks for sharing the book with us!

Journal Entry 25 by carelaisa at Québec, Québec Canada on Saturday, May 31, 2014

I must say it was a pleasure to read another book in this series. Again, it was fun, witty and filled with enough of adventures and things happening that weren’t exactly expected. The series does fill all the requirements of being a cozy mystery, set in the Victorian era. Again, the author incorporate quite well characters from Pride and Prejudice, and here some from Sense and Sensibility, as it was natural for them to evolve in the same society. There’s not much more I can say, beside that it was another fun read, and once more well written. I know there are other books in the series, which I hope to read one day!

EDIT June 2: just received the answer from Storm0103 saying that she has too many books to read at the moment and asking me to send it to the next reader. Since there is no "next" reader, I will keep the book and probably do another bookray in a few weeks, as I also have 2 other books in the series...

I will now pm the next reader so this book can move along!