corner corner Eternal Craving (Leisure Paranormal Romance)

Eternal Craving (Leisure Paranormal Romance)
by Nina Bangs | Romance
Registered by wingthegoaliegirlwing of Vancouver, Washington USA on 7/30/2012

status (set by Tsjara): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingthegoaliegirlwing from Vancouver, Washington USA on Monday, October 01, 2012

Thank you for finding this book and welcome to bookcrossing! Bookcrossing is a wonderful place to share your love of reading with people all over the world. If you decide to register instead of remaining anonymous, when someone else journals this book you will get an e-mail notification. It is a lot of fun to follow the travels of a book that passed through your hands. Again, welcome to bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 2 by wingthegoaliegirlwing at fellow bookcrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (10/19/2013 UTC) at fellow bookcrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Released for the Tick Tock Release Challenge

Sent off as a RABCK

Journal Entry 3 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Friday, October 25, 2013

Thank you for sharing these paranormal novels, goaliegirl!

Journal Entry 4 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (2/1/2014 UTC) at Clarksville, Tennessee USA

Sending to rainbow3 in a swap - enjoy!

FYI - 101st Airborne are paratroopers; they swoop in from the air in parachutes, usually out of airplanes or helicopters. My hometown also has the 160th SOAR (Special Operations Aviation Regiment) - these guys fly the bada$$ helicopters. They flew Seal Team 6 into Pakistan to kill Osama bin Laden and are the guys featured in the film "Blackhawk Down"

Journal Entry 5 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The postie delivered your generous two book swap, parcel a few minutes ago and I am so thrilled, Nina Bangs is new paranormal author for me so that’s fun. Clarksville’s ‘features’ look very feature on the highlights postcard, the Queen of Clarksville riverboat looks cute, I like the idea of sailing on the flat as now in my later years, I am just not the sailor I used to be and crossing the Pentland Firth to visit Orkney, sailing from Aberdeen with my Mum to see relatives is a total pip if there is a bit of a breeze up. That Museum building looks really lovely and I am very intrigued with the closed bridge, Port Royal Bridge, sited so high over, I presume a river. Is that height to protect it against flash floods? I’ll have to check on the internet.

Your postcard, inserted into Eternal Craving mentions Clarksville is the home of the 101st Airborne and it occurs to me I know very little about military terms as I don’t know exactly what Airborne means. Clearly military types that fly, but do airborne divisions encompass; fliers who only fly planes/jets whatever, ground and maintenance crew, administration personnel, - AND – chaps who do on the ground fighting? Or do Airbrone types whizz army types around to do the on the ground stuff? Evidently more internet research required by this BookCrosser… It also occurs to me, as a fan of fantasy I’ve got this image in my head of Airborne chaps being hefted around strapped onto gigantic eagles…or maybe, yum, chaps with their own wings! Probably not I’m guessing… ;-)

Many thanks Bkind2books both this brilliant book, and Stay the Night by Lynn Viehl plus the lovely card have made my day!

ADDED: FRI 14 FEB 2014 – thanks Bkind2books for your additional notes REF: 101st Airborne (as above) in response to my queries! Now I Know More ;-) Cheers rainbow3

Journal Entry 6 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, February 14, 2014

ISBN: 9780843957938 (USA PB)
Publisher: Leisure Books (Paranormal Romance)

Cover: “[A] skilful blend of vampirology, Mayan lore and extinct monoliths” -PUBLISHERS WEEKLY

THE ELEVEN – an alliance of ultimate predators. Primal, lethal, irresistible…
THE PROPHECY – an ancient Mayan prediction that the world will end on 12-12-12
THE PREY – where can you hide from pure evil?

LIES – He’s been promised a new life as the hunter he once was. But Al soon learns that all the rules have changed. Now he must control his most basic urges - the need to kill, to feed, to mate. And the woman he wants looks at him with both heat and fear in her eyes. Jenna Maloy doesn't buy this story that he's come to Philadelphia to save souls. She seems to see through the layers of deception to the primitive heart of him. With her beside him, Al stalks the dark forces that crouch in the city's night shadows. But the real battle rages in his heart. Love is a formidable opponent. How can he ask her to stay with him after she's seen the savagery of his beast? He only knows that if she turns from him he'll be cursed with an eternal craving.

ELEVEN GODS OF THE NIGHT – the only creatures more deadly are the ones they've been summoned to destroy.
OK this is my book reading log so there are always heaps and heaps of words in my JE’s as I add in book details to remind me of the plot if my review thoughts are devoid of this one is...GRIN.

Whoop, I really enjoyed this, though not as emotionally developed as I might have preferred it’s primarily action driven, it was jolly good fun and came fully fleshed with some sizzlie encounters. Restless characters, big battles between good and evil and games within games challenge the fragile control of one creature, Al (aka Allosaurus) while he tries to come to terms with the need to control his anger and his new nature in the face of the big scary challenge of emotional involvement. Needless to say there is an excessively feisty woman, Jenna offering Al his biggest trials as he struggles to come to terms with his new world. Easy to follow despite not having read others in series I would definitely read the rest of this series and enjoy more from this author.

Journal Entry 7 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, February 14, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (2/14/2014 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

One of my fourteen St Valentine’s Day Releases. Also I’m celebrating ten years of BookCrossing this year and want to mark it with RABCK’s and other amusements. I’ll add details later. Meanwhile, I just had to snag this great St Valentine’s Day date! Cheers rainbow3

ADDED – Fri 21 MAR 2014: ***Blushingly*** late maybe we can all it a ‘Welcome To Spring’ SURPRISE RABCK? ETERNAL CRAVING by NINA BANGS is travelling with THE SCENT OF SHADOWS by VIKKI PETTERSSON, plus three printed-paper, crafting tapes to Tsjara. Greetings rainbow3

Posted at: Post Office, 20 Elm Row, Edinburgh Lothian EH7 3AA
Date & Time: Tue 21 Mar 2014 16:07 | Session ID: 2-303138
Dest: Netherlnads (EU) | Quantity: 1 Weight: 0.508 kg | Airmail Small Parcel

Journal Entry 8 by wingTsjarawing at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Well, spring certainly seems to have arrived (at least here in the Netherlands) :P
Thank you so much rainbow3 for the wonderful surprise parcel! The wrapping made me smile (Re-usable bag. Lift TAB to open. Haha genius! It worked perfectly too :D) And then to find 2 books inside (I admit I have a slight weakness for paranormal stuff :p), 3 rolls of washi tapes and a couple of pretty handmade bookmarks! Wow, so kind of you! (and just in time for my birthday too haha :p)
Thanks again rainbow3 and congratulations on 10 years of Bookcrossing! Wishing you many more years of fun here on BC! ^_^

Journal Entry 9 by wingTsjarawing at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, March 08, 2017

I finished reading this yesterday and it was quite a fun read, though somehow the idea of dinosaurs in a human body felt rather strange to me. It actually takes a while until the book reveals what kind of supernatural creature they are, and I'm still not sure what Finn is. There is also the hint to something bigger... gods maybe? And what about this zero (the bad guy)? Also very curious about Seir.

Thanks for sharing rainbow3! And have a lovely spring! :D

Journal Entry 10 by wingTsjarawing at Station Zaandam in Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, February 25, 2018

Released 3 wks ago (2/24/2018 UTC) at Station Zaandam in Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Put in the book swapping bookcase. Hopefully it will find a new reader soon!

Hallo daar, welkom bij Bookcrossing!
Gefeliciteerd met het vinden van een zwerfboek!
Ik hoop dat het iets is wat je leuk vindt en dat je het boek (ooit) weer verder laat reizen.
Je kan hier een berichtje (journal entry) achterlaten, zodat de vorige lezers weten dat het boek in veilige handen is. Als je het boek ook op zijn reis wilt volgen kan je je hier aanmelden bij Bookcrossing (gratis en soort van anoniem - je bent alleen bekend bij je gebruikersnaam).
Er is ook een Nederlandstalige support site waar je kan kijken voor meer informatie:

Veel leesplezier!