Setting Lake Sun, The (copy 2)

by J.R. Leveillé | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by winggypsysmomwing of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 7/27/2012
Journal Entry 1 by winggypsysmomwing from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Friday, July 27, 2012
I bought two copies of this book to give as prizes for the 2012 Canada Days release challenge. It was chosen as Manitoba's On the Same Page program for 2011-2012 and I received a copy from my library book club to read. You can read what I (and Pooker3) thought of the book here.

Journal Entry 2 by winggypsysmomwing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (10/10/2012 UTC) at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

This copy is going to Fracula who released the most books for my 2012 Canada Days release challenge.

Journal Entry 3 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, October 19, 2012
How delightful. Your package arrived today. Thank you so much for this lovely book and all the extra goodies you enclosed. I've read your link and it sounds so wonderful.

Will escalate to near top of Mnt. TBR and share it with the rest of the Calgary BC meet-up group.

This is the story of Angele, a young Metis woman, and Ueno Takami, a Japanese man. Angele and Ueno meet at a gallery opening in Winnipeg and from the beginning Angele is entranced by Ueno. She learns that the print shop where her friend works is going to print a book of Ueno's poetry and woodcuts. She arranges her schedule so that she can go to the printery when the book is being printed. Ueno is delighted to see her and he asks her to translate his poems into French. Then Ueno invites Angele to his cabin on Setting Lake which is near Thompson. Angele and Ueno become lovers and soulmates.

Journal Entry 4 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, January 10, 2013
This book took longer to get to the top of Mnt TBR than I'd hoped, but today was the day.

Here I was hope sick from work. The snow has been falling for 24 hours - what to read, what to read?

Jumping into my hands was this small book, packed with a poetic and often dream-like love story, told in tiny chapters. The setting of Spring in Winnipeg and Northern Manitoba carried me far away from this winter day.

Thank you so much for this gift, gypsymom! I will be sharing this with the Calgary BookCrossing Community.

Journal Entry 5 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (1/12/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing at the January Calgary BookCrosser meet-up at the Joshua Tree Café.

Journal Entry 6 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 12, 2013
I picked this up at the meeting - my goal is read this and be able to return it to the group at the February meeting

Journal Entry 7 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 31, 2013
I decided to read this little book today and, unlike prior readers Fracula, gypsysmom and Pooker3, I am sorry to say I didn't like it very much. There is no doubt that the quality of writing, the poetic use of language, is masterfully done, but I just could not bring myself to like the characters very much or even want to understand them. I found them self involved - not an appealing quality for me. They spent too much time looking inward rather than giving of themselves. I also disliked how short and terse their conversations seemed to be.

Thank you for sharing it with me anyways, Fracula :)

I will bring this to the next Bookcrossing meeting and perhaps the next reader will enjoy it more.

Journal Entry 8 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (4/13/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this book to the Calgary Bookcrossing meeting at the Joshua Tree Cafe today to find a new reader.

Journal Entry 9 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 13, 2013
Grabbed at get together

Journal Entry 10 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, July 11, 2013
This was an interesting piece. It did not go exactly where I was expecting. I liked the format, how the verses were broken up by thoughts of varying length.

Thanks for the interesting read!

Journal Entry 11 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (9/14/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to get together.

Journal Entry 12 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 14, 2013
Picked this up at the meeting.

Journal Entry 13 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 08, 2017
While the story is written in concise, perfect paragraphs, I could not get past the partnering of the two characters with the large age difference.

Journal Entry 14 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 08, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (4/8/2017 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Took the book to the BC Meetup today.

Journal Entry 15 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 13, 2017
Oops, I forgot to register this one. It is safe and sound with me. Picked this up at the April meeting, we had 11 BookCrossers and LOTS of books.