Eric: A Discworld Novel (Discworld Novels)

by Terry Pratchett | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingShahrunwing of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on 7/13/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingShahrunwing from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, July 13, 2012
Got this used book through PlayTrade.com. It's in good nick. Plan to read and release soon.

Journal Entry 2 by wingShahrunwing at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 15, 2012
I enjoyed this random adventure through the Discworld, learning about it's history and the fact that it was short.

Journal Entry 3 by wingShahrunwing at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (9/6/2012 UTC) at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom

Sending this in a box with a few other books to surprise and grant some wishes of the very generous KingFan30 (who has send me quite a few books over time).

Safe travels little box of books!

Journal Entry 4 by kingfan30 at Corby Glen, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 15, 2012
Thank you for the extra Discworld book, it really is appreciated :)

17 Nov 12 - Another good read from the Discworld series and there were a couple of bits that had me wondering if hes met my husband.

Beside it, with all the signs of being installed recently by someone who didn't know what they were doing and didn't want to do it, was a button set into the splintered woodwork. Rincewind gave it an experimental prod. This is definitely a description of hubbys DIY!

Nightmares are usually rather daft things and it's very hard to explain to a listener what was so dreadful about your socks coming alive or giant carrots jumping out of hedgerows. Hubby has had very bizarre dreams, especially on Malarone (an anti Malaria drug, known for the side affect of vivd dreams). I think my favourite involved something known only to him as a spider-frog - picture that if you can!!!

Journal Entry 5 by kingfan30 at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 22, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (11/22/2012 UTC) at Bourne, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

Sent on as a RABCK

Journal Entry 6 by wingLamillawing at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Monday, December 03, 2012
Thank you for the gift, kingfan30!
Received it today 20 minutes before the post closed down. The staff couldn't find my parcel and everyone got nervous. In the end it was found under some bulky box. Poor little thing! No damage done, fortunately.

Journal Entry 7 by wingLamillawing at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Tuesday, December 04, 2012
A very fast read. Fun book and the representation of the series to a new reader

Journal Entry 8 by wingLamillawing at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (12/4/2012 UTC) at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

HGG 2012
Track: RR909668936BY

Journal Entry 9 by wingLamillawing at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Monday, February 11, 2013
I believe the book is stalled somewhere on the way. I'm going to my post office to search for it.

Journal Entry 10 by wingLamillawing at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Saturday, May 04, 2013
I got a reply from the post-office. The book was delivered at 31.12. I'd really appreciate if moonblue or whoever got the book next from her made a journal note.
The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.

Journal Entry 11 by moonblue at Grahamstown, Eastern Cape South Africa on Sunday, September 21, 2014
Oh my! I can't believe I missed journalling this book. My apologies to all the previous readers.

This was the first Discworld book I ever read (years ago) so it was good to revisit it. Rincewind is still one of my favourite characters - and the Luggage (if it counts as a character).

I will send it on to someone who is wishing for it. Once again I am sorry for the long time this book spent in limbo.