Touching Fire: Erotic Writings by Women

by Louise Thornton, Jan Sturtevant | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 088184649X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 7/10/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, July 10, 2012
I came across this fair-condition softcover at the Used Book Superstore, and thought it sounded intriguing: a variety of poetry and prose by women, with an erotic theme. It includes excerpts from longer works, such as Cerridwen Fallingstar's novel Heart of the Fire and Zora Neale Hurston's Their Eyes Were Watching God. There's the charming poem "I Am Horny" by Susan Lysik, and a story about a chess game that turns sexy, "The Game of Chess" by Sandy Boucher. Louise Thorton presents "Careless Love", which includes a woman's memories of lovemaking over the course of her life. Steamy, introspective, romantic, gritty, funny - interesting collection.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (3/19/2014 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm adding this book to a box that will be on its way to BCer glory-to-glory, for use in her Arkansas OBCZs, or however else she'd like to use them. Enjoy!

*** Released for the 2014 Four Elements challenge. ***

Journal Entry 3 by glory-to-glory at El Dorado, Arkansas USA on Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Arrived in a box from GoryDetails to release at a very busy Book Exchange in El Dorado, AR. Thank you, GoryDetails!

Leaving in the Red Phone Booth "Book Exchange." Because of the nature of this book, I will leave it on a higher shelf where smaller children won't find it.

I kept this one awhile thinking I might read it. I never did. It's past time to set this one free!