The Help

by Kathryn Stockett | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by HoserLauren of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 7/9/2012
Journal Entry 1 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, July 9, 2012
Got this unregistered from the Oakville Bookcrossing Meetup.

From Chapters:
Aibileen is a black maid in 1962 Jackson, Mississippi, who''s always taken orders quietly, but lately she''s unable to hold her bitterness back. Her friend Minny has never held her tongue but now must somehow keep secrets about her employer that leave her speechless. White socialite Skeeter just graduated college. She''s full of ambition, but without a husband, she''s considered a failure. Together, these seemingly different women join together to write a tell-all book about work as a black maid in the South, that could forever alter their destinies and the life of a small town...

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, August 8, 2021
I shouldn't have waited so long to read this book. I really enjoyed it and was completely captured by the all of the characters, good and bad. The villain of the novel was well written and incredibly easy to hate, but the three main characters are the ones that provided the light and humor to this book.

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Little Free Library - Newell in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, August 29, 2021

Released 5 mos ago (8/29/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library - Newell in Burlington, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.