Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name

Gratis bok!
by Vendela Vida | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingtravelinawing of Ullern bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 7/5/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingtravelinawing from Ullern bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, February 09, 2014
Book description:
On the day of her father's funeral, twenty-eight-year-old Clarissa Iver­ton discovers that he wasn't her biological father after all. Her mother disappeared fourteen years earlier, and her fiancé has just revealed a life-changing secret to her. Alone and adrift, Clarissa travels to mystical Lapland, where she believes she'll meet her real father. There, at a hotel made of ice, Clarissa is confronted with the truth about her mother's his­tory, and must make a decision about how—and where—to live the rest of her life.

The book will be released at the book buffet in Athens.

Journal Entry 3 by Jannike at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Sunday, April 24, 2016
Found the book at the book buffet at the BookCrossing convention In Athens. It will travel back to Norway with me. How very strange, I managed to pick up two books In Athens that were released by the same Norwegian BookCrosser.

Journal Entry 4 by Jannike at -- wild release somewhere in Oslo, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, February 26, 2017
I like the way she writes, although I did not manage to get very engaged by the story. It has a certain atmosphere, but I feel that the story in itself is not so important. It is like music without a clear line of melody. It can still be a good experience.

Released 2 yrs ago (4/28/2017 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway

Released at the Book Buffet at the International BookCrossing Convention 2017 in Oslo.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, April 22, 2017
The blurb sounds rather interesting. Thanks for sharing, and a big wave to my Norwegian friends. Great meeting you both!

Journal Entry 7 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, July 20, 2019
The story has an interesting plot, but it's a gritty read and I guess Clarissa is not a character that makes this book feel engaging. It makes me think how a single event reverberate through the years, and change the course of life of not just one generation but the next and next to come. And, I know, she went to Lapland to search for her past, not sightseeing, but who could go to Lapland and not go see some reindeers?

This book doesn't quite enjoy the heat in Florida, so it is heading to the great white north again.

Journal Entry 8 by GateGypsy at Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, September 24, 2019
This book arrived in the post today. Thanks, Azuki, for sending it along! I've been meaning to get to this book for several years, so it's nice to finally have a copy :-)