Shakespeare's Counselor (Lily Bard Mystery 5)

by Charlaine Harris | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Ossiefry of Aljezur, Faro Portugal on 7/4/2012
Journal Entry 1 by Ossiefry from Aljezur, Faro Portugal on Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Journal Entry 2 by Ossiefry at Aljezur, Faro Portugal on Sunday, July 22, 2012
The first time a Lily Bard book has made me cry! Loved this book and wish there were more in the series. :)

Journal Entry 3 by Ossiefry at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (7/23/2012 UTC) at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Hello and congratulations!
You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing -- maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

Journal Entry 4 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, July 26, 2012
Thank you so much for sending me this, I'm really enjoying reading this series.

Journal Entry 5 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, September 12, 2014
I think this was the best book in the series, I wish there were more to read.

Journal Entry 6 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, September 12, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (9/12/2014 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is going into HerbertLooby's Mini Thriller Book Box.

Journal Entry 7 by HerbertLooby at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, September 15, 2014
Thanks so much!

Journal Entry 8 by HerbertLooby at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, October 31, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (10/31/2015 UTC) at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, November 05, 2015
A handsome and very tanned postie just left, assuring me in reply to my query, his tan was as Scottish a product as he is! And he left your 5 treasure book-box, well six treasure if I also include the stash of book-mark making supplies; glass beads and loads of lovely braided cotton cord. What a wonder HerbertLooby many thanks.
---------------------

Book burble: A Lily Bard Mystery

Cleaning lady and karate expert Lily Bard is a woman with a complicated past. Doing her best to cope with her terrifying memories, she decides to join a therapy group in her adopted hometown of Shakespeare, Arkansas. As it turns out, the group members feelings aren’t the only things that need sorting out, as they assemble for a session only to find a woman dead, left on display as some kind of twisted message.

Lily soon finds herself embroiled in the murder and its aftermath. Some of her own terrible secrets have been dredged up, and she may not be able to rest until she can untangle the ‘who’ and the ‘why’ of this shocking crime. But can she do so before the killer strikes again – and before her own nightmares send her over the edge.

‘The best work in this fine series … strengthens a strong character and turns a wonderful series into a powerhouse’ ’ Midwest Book Review
‘Exceptionally well-plotted … an extremely compelling read’ Romantic Times
‘Solid, clever and quick’ Library Journal

SHAKESPEARE’S COUNSELOR – CHARLAINE HARRIS (2001) | ISBN: 9780575105348 | Publisher: Orion Books

Journal Entry 10 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (2/9/2016 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Again - a two for the price of one BookCrossing journaller in the form of my immediately having another reader on hand for this.
---------------------

Intended as a Christmasy read for BookCrosser Flutterbies9 I didn’t manage to post it before the event, it being in one city while I was in quite another. It’s now packaged and ready to travel to throw Flutterbies9 reading plans as I expect you’ll want to get to this soon as I believe you are waiting for it? Cheers rainbow3

Journal Entry 11 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Sunday, February 14, 2016
Received 13/2/16 as part of a bumper package from rainbow3. I have indeed been trying to get the series into order for reading and this is one I was missing. Just one more in the series to get (oddly enough, Shakespeare's Chistmas!) and then I'll be reading them all but on tbr until then.

Journal Entry 12 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Sunday, April 01, 2018
Oh tragedy. I've completed the series and there are no more of these to read - mind you having finally finished this one I'm not at all sure where it would have gone next!

I think everything but the kitchen sink went into this one. Strangely believable counselling encounters, a miscarriage, a murder - an oddly eerie murder (and this time a complete stranger who has little to do with the story line other than as murder victim), deceptive police personnel etc., etc.! I just did not know what was going to be happening next and to whom and it made for a rollocking ending to this very enjoyable series.

I intend to set up a spiral for this series but first I'll have to see if anyone would like to join a spiral for them, so I'll compose a forum entry shortly.

Journal Entry 13 by Flutterbies9 at Book ring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Saturday, August 11, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (8/10/2018 UTC) at Book ring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

To go to first in this small and select ring for this book.

Happy travels little book.

Journal Entry 14 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, August 18, 2018
What a nice surprise to find this on the mat. In answer to the question of postage: it's find happy to post to Europe.

Normally I would push everything else aside to read this next, but I've just got two books from the library that I must read first, but this should be a quick read once I get going....in maybe a week or so.

Thanks again. Looking forward to reading this one.

Journal Entry 15 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, September 14, 2018
Shakepeare's Counselor by Charlaine Harris - Good

The last of the Lily Bard series sees our heroine finally seeking counselling to try and come to terms with the horrific incident in her past. Of course, this was never going to run smooth and she is soon embroiled in murder and intrigue.

The usual easy read but nicely wrapped up and with some hope for the characters' future.

Journal Entry 16 by wingCassandra2020wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (9/25/2018 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Passed to Rainbow3. Sorry for the delay, it's been difficult to arrange a meetup

Although this book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com, you don't have to be a member. It's perfectly OK to just take the book and enjoy it. Of course, if you can visit the website and let us know that you've picked it up, that would be even better - you don't even have to join, you can add your comments anonymously - you can also post your review when you've read it, then return it or pass it on to someone else.

If you do join Bookcrossing, you'll be able to see what happens to it afterwards - for ever!

Journal Entry 17 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, September 27, 2018
Thanks Cassandra2020 for taking the time to get this to me and thanks everyone else for passing it on. I wanted to read SHAKESPEARE’S COUNSELOR again as my recollection of this, the last in series book 5, was vague to say the least and sadly it seems I have no reading notes to kick-start my memory.

LILY BARD series by CHARLAINE HARRIS
1. Shakespeare's Landlord (1996)
2. Shakespeare's Champion (1997)
3. Shakespeare's Christmas (1998)
4. Shakespeare's Trollop (2000)
5. Shakespeare's Counselor (2001)

I’d only recently read book 3 SHAKESPEARE'S CHRISTMAS for the first time and I am so glad I’ve finally returned to this series and filled in that yawning gap, as it contains a key component of the consolidation of Lily and Jack’s growing regard. On the strength of catching the feeling of momentum in Lily’s life moving to a slightly different tempo I re-read book 4 SHAKESPEARE'S TROLLOP with a view to also reading this the last in series.

How glad I am that I have had the opportunity to fill in then retrace some steps in Lily and Jack’s story. What a difference my understanding has of the development of Lily’s life now. It feels as if this second reading of SHAKESPEARE’S COUNSELOR was of a different book. Now I have greater insight toward the drivers forcing Lily to re-evaluate her feelings, recognise the time had come for change and in fact realise she was able to welcome it into her life.

I’ll think over my reaction to the book a bit more in the interim I am keen to acknowledge the books arrival with me and the fact it is ready again to travel onto its next reader. SHAKESPEARE’S COUNSELOR will be returned in the post, in two flicks of a lambs tail, to Flutterbies9 who is due a book parcel and a Regency Book Box from me. From Somerset the book will travel, I believe, to France.

Journal Entry 18 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (11/14/2018 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

SO SORRY - apologies due as I forgot I had a rush on getting this posted – where are those emojis when you need them! Please picture here hands clasping a shocked face!

I posted this book by airmail - SHAKESPEARE’S COUNSELOR by CHARLAINE HARRIS - in a three book parcel - WED 14 NOV 2018. The two accompanying surprise RABCK books for you Icila are books from your WISH-LIST that I hope help make up for having to wait so long for the final book in Harris’s Lilly Bard story! Cheers rainbow3

Journal Entry 19 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Thank you rainbow3 for the 3 books and the lovely home-made bookmarks. 😊
I'm looking forward to meet Lily again.

Journal Entry 20 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, December 03, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (12/3/2018 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

On its way to Germany, happy reading Kiki !

Journal Entry 21 by kiki66 at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Monday, December 10, 2018
Hurray! the last book in this series (so far?) is here...
Thanks for offering this ring/ray - and for sending it my way, Icila :-)

Will read at once!

Journal Entry 22 by kiki66 at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Monday, December 17, 2018
I just love reading about Lily (and now also Jack ;-)).
Another good story and more interesting facts about Lily.
I think I really do like all the (main) characters in this series..
What a pity that this is the last one!

and now I have to find out to whom to send it?
No order here, guess I have to find the thread in the forum..
Edit: found it :-)

Book 5 (Counselor)
rainbow3
Icila
kiki66
vaga-bonde (so that she can still post in the EU)
penelopewanders
(back to me so that I can put it in permanent collection

Journal Entry 23 by wingvaga-bondewing at Montpellier, Languedoc-Roussillon France on Saturday, December 29, 2018
Last BC book received in 2018!
Thanks kiki for mailing it to me and also for the lovely bookplate.

Journal Entry 24 by wingvaga-bondewing at Montpellier, Languedoc-Roussillon France on Thursday, January 03, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (1/4/2019 UTC) at Montpellier, Languedoc-Roussillon France

Some counseling for Lily leads to the discovery of yet another corpse. At the end of the series, we leave Lily with love, friendships and prospects, and belonging to the little town she chose randomly for herself...
The books travels onto Penelopewanders.
Happy reading and happy new year!

Journal Entry 25 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Wednesday, January 09, 2019
Wow, it took me forever to figure out where to register this book which arrived in the quasi-blizzardy Alps this morning! I am still figuring out how the new (and improved???) website works - not self evident in my opinion. Somehow I had to get onto the home page to enter this new book - that doesn't seem so obvious. Muttering about the new website apart, thanks so much for sending this along. I have a bit of a backlog with work and rings which are here, so I'll get to this as soon as I can. I know I'll enjoy it when I do, so it will be a nice treat when my horizon clears a bit! I wish all of you (us) a brilliant 2019 with wonderful stories, both on and off the page!

Journal Entry 26 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Thursday, January 24, 2019
I am not sure quite how suspenseful this is, but I've greatly enjoyed this series made available as a bookcrossing spiral (although I think the first few were just bookcrossing rings sent separately. Sadly it would seem this is the last? quite the shame, as I really enjoy Lily the survivor and her somewhat sardonic take on life. This one was another good one. A rather complicated ending, but a very entertaining read. I think this goes back to the owner, I'll check that out.

Journal Entry 27 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Monday, February 04, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (2/4/2019 UTC) at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland

This has left the sparkling Swiss Alps and heads off to the UK, looping the loop (for now). Thanks so much for making this series available - such a shame it does not continue, as I've enjoyed it greatly.

Journal Entry 28 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Monday, February 11, 2019
Many thanks penelopewanders, this book has reached home safely. This will join the others in this series and then I'm sending the whole series to another Bookcrosser to read who will then return them to me for my permanent collection.

Journal Entry 29 by Flutterbies9 at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Released 3 wks ago (2/22/2019 UTC) at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

A request to read this series from a Bookcrossing member means that I am sending the whole series to her in one parcel and eagerly await their reading and return to my permanent collection!

Journal Entry 30 by caroline-m at Sidcup, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, February 25, 2019
Kindly shared with me by Flutterbies9, looking forward to reading!