Neveryona

by Samuel R. Delany | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
ISBN: 0586202714 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingcatsalivewing of Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on 7/3/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingcatsalivewing from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, July 07, 2012
cover:
In the ancient, fabled land of Neveryon, they tell of a gleaming golden city driven deep beneath the waves of history - the city whose whispered name is Neveryona. For Pryn, a young girl fleeing her village on the back of a dragon, Neveryona is the shining symbol of all that is out of reach. It leads her to the exotic port city of Kolhari, where she talks with the wealthy merchant Madame Keyne, walks with Gorgik the Liberator as he schemes against the Court of Eagles, and crosses the Bridge of Lost Desire in search of her destiny...

Journal Entry 2 by wingcatsalivewing at Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, July 16, 2016
I had trouble getting into this. It didn't flow well & I didn't like the characters much. It may have helped if I'd read the earlier Tales of Neveryon, but this doesn't seem to be necessary. Perhaps it was all a bit too "academic" for me - I don't want to think too deeply about the nature of civilisation when I'm indulging in fantasy.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcatsalivewing at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (7/26/2016 UTC) at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sent to VeganMedusa for the Australasia Wishlist Tag.

Journal Entry 4 by VeganMedusa at Invercargill, Southland New Zealand on Saturday, August 13, 2016
Thanks catsalive. Hmm, I might need to get the first book first.