Snow White and the Huntsman

Registered by AgnesXNitt of Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on 6/26/2012
Journal Entry 1 by AgnesXNitt from Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 26, 2012
'She is destined...
Either the Queen will kill her or the Huntsman will transform her into a warrior.
Ten years ago, the stunning and vengeful Queen Ravenna murdered her king the same fateful night she married him. But controlling the now desolate kingdom has begun to take its toll on the evil Queen. To keep her magic and beauty from dying, she must consume a heart that is pure. The only one that has been under her cruel watch all along belongs to the king's daughter.
Ravenna calls for the imprisoned Snow White, but the young woman escapes from the castle and seeks refuge in the Dark Forest. Because the forest is enchanted with magical flora and fauna, the Queen sends for the only man who has ventured into the woods and survived: a tortured Huntsman called Eric.
With his hope long forsaken, the Huntsman agrees to bring back the girl. But when Eric finds his prey, he hesitates. Will he kill her?
Or will he train her to become the greatest warrior the kingdom has ever known?'

Film tie-in novel, bought from Tesco last month for about £3.90. Its all a bit gothic, and reminded me of the recent Sc-Fi channel take on 'Alice' which I love, but I think I'm more likely to borrow the film from the library on DVD when it comes in than I was before!
Handing over to my colleague, Jess, who is also a fan of books like this :)
Enjoy!