44 Charles Street: A Novel

by Danielle Steel | e-Books |
Registered by deereads of Barrie, Ontario Canada on 6/21/2012
Journal Entry 1 by deereads from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Thursday, June 21, 2012
For my Birthday RABCK Buddy!! Happy Birthday!!

Journal Entry 2 by Rhonder at St Paul, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Thank you! You really spoiled me :-)

Journal Entry 3 by Rhonder at St Paul, Alberta Canada on Thursday, April 11, 2013
"The plumbing was prone to leaks, the furniture rescued from garage sales. And every square inch was being devotedly restored to its original splendor—even as a relationship fell to pieces. Now Francesca Thayer, newly separated from her boyfriend, is suddenly the sole mortgage payer on her Greenwich Village townhouse. The struggling art gallery owner does the math and then the unimaginable. She puts out an advertisement for boarders, and soon her home becomes a whole new world.

First comes Eileen, a fresh, pretty L.A. transplant, now a New York City schoolteacher. Then there’s Chris, a young father fighting for custody of his seven-year-old son. The final tenant is Marya, a celebrated cookbook author hoping to start a new chapter in life after the death of her husband. Over the course of one amazing, unforgettable, ultimately life-changing year, Francesca discovers that her accidental tenants have become the most important people in her life. The house at 44 Charles Street fills with laughter, heartbreak, and hope—and in the hands of master storyteller Danielle Steel, it’s a place those who visit will never want to leave."

Journal Entry 4 by Rhonder at St Paul, Alberta Canada on Thursday, April 11, 2013
Thanks for an enjoyable read! In typical Danielle Steel style, it was quite repetitive but overall it was a nice read. I especially liked the ending ... "The house had served its purpose in its time, and she had loved it, and part of her still did and always would. But like people, sometimes you had to let them go, and houses were no different."

Reserving this for lauraloo29 for her birthday as it's on her wishlist. Seems perfect that I received this for my birthday, and I can send it on as another birthday gift!

Journal Entry 5 by Rhonder at St Paul, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (7/2/2013 UTC) at St Paul, Alberta Canada

Happy Birthday lauraloo29!

Hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy this wishlist book :-)

Journal Entry 6 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, July 5, 2013
Ohhhh I love birthday presents and wishlist books. Thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, April 29, 2019
A nice read. Predictable as most Danielle Steel books, but I don't mind those every now and then.

Also, this is an actual book - not an ebook.

Journal Entry 8 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 2, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (6/5/2019 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending as a RABCK to dutch-flybabe. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by dutch-flybabe at Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Saturday, June 15, 2019
This book arrived safely at my house today. Thanks lauraloo29!

PS still trying to locate Lightning by Danielle Steel for you. As soon as I've found and read it I'll send it to you.

Journal Entry 10 by dutch-flybabe at Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Saturday, June 22, 2019
Excellent story. I read the book in 2 days!

Journal Entry 11 by dutch-flybabe at BC Meeting 2019 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, July 6, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (7/7/2019 UTC) at BC Meeting 2019 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

At the annual Castricum meet. Happy travels!

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, dutch-flybabe) , as your referring member.
Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels- You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 12 by wingrodespringbalwing at Roosdaal, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Sunday, July 7, 2019
Thanks for bringing to the meeting