Howl's Moving Castle

by Diana Wynne JOnes | Children's Books |
ISBN: 006441034x Global Overview for this book
Registered by anathema-device of Graz, Steiermark Austria on 6/21/2012
Journal Entry 1 by anathema-device from Graz, Steiermark Austria on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lovely YA fantasy, bought so I could read something in between that's not for my thesis (as such). So far it's great fun. :)

Pretty early impressions:
The switcheroo thing is a nice twist! I wonder what else I'll discover that didn't make it into Hayao Miyazaki's film version.

...Finished on a trip the next day and absolutely enjoyed it. (Especially that bit towards the end where Howl says, "You just never stop to think!") I like what Miyazaki did with the film, too (inserting the war instead of 1980s Wales). All in all, this was a nice change in-between all those books more relevant to my thesis. :)

**** Permanent Collection ****

Journal Entry 2 by anathema-device at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Monday, March 25, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (3/25/2013 UTC) at Graz, Steiermark Austria

Howl is currently visiting feloris. Knowing the two are friends already, I have no doubt she will take great care of him until he returns home. :)

Journal Entry 3 by anathema-device at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Wednesday, May 1, 2013
...And Howl is back on the shelf!