corner corner A Perfect Proposal

A Perfect Proposal
by Katie Fforde | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingAylaMeywing of Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on 6/19/2012

status (set by Katarina-Coco): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingAylaMeywing from Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

fantasticfiction.co.uk:

Sophie Apperly has been supporting herself since she left school, but as far as her academic family are concerned she's never had a 'proper' job. And because she's currently in between work she's despatched to look after Uncle Eric while his housekeeper is away. Here, whilst tidying his papers, she discovers a document relating to family business in America. Driven mad by her family and wanting to prove herself to them and bring in some much-needed income for them all, when her best friend Milly invites her over to New York she jumps at the chance - what's more she's lined up some nannying work for her to pay her way. However, she's hardly been in the country five minutes before disaster strikes. She suddenly finds herself with no work, nowhere to stay and very little money. Luckily Milly has a corner in her tiny apartment she can camp out in. A jaunt to an art gallery opening throws her into the path of Matilda - a grand old lady who is delighted to find someone who comes from the same part of the world as she grew up in. She is very taken with Sophie and invites her to her house in Connecticut for Thanksgiving. But Matilda's grandson Luke is very suspicious of Sophie - what exactly does this English girl want, is she after her grandmother's money? - and he's determined to nip this growing friendship in the bud.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAylaMeywing at BC Meeting 2012 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (7/1/2012 UTC) at BC Meeting 2012 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Hello dear finder of this book,

I hope you'll like the idea and practice of BookCrossing. I also hope you’ll make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free and spamfree!) If you do choose to join, you can choose to use me, AylaMey, as your referring member.

Feel free to take the time and read this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels. You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingrodespringbalwing at Moerbeke-Waas, Oost-Vlaanderen / Flandre Orientale Belgium on Monday, July 02, 2012

took this home from Castricum. Thank you for bringing :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingrodespringbalwing at Moerbeke-Waas, Oost-Vlaanderen / Flandre Orientale Belgium on Saturday, February 23, 2013

I have read this book somewhere last spring. I typical Katie Fforde-book. I loved it as relaxtime. And I hope dutch-flybabe will enjoy it too

Journal Entry 5 by dutch-flybabe at Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Friday, March 22, 2013

This book has arrived safely at my house. Thanks for tagging me rodespringbal!

P.S. Jouw book is ook onderweg.

Journal Entry 6 by dutch-flybabe at BC Meeting 2016 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, June 25, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (7/3/2016 UTC) at BC Meeting 2016 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

After cleaning out my cupboard this book is free to travel once more.
Op tafel tijdens de jaarlijkse Castricum bijeenkomst. Veel leesplezier vinder!

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, dutch-flybabe) , as your referring member.
Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels- You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by wingKafka1954wing at Deurne, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, July 04, 2016

Found this book on the table in Castricum.
It will spend some time on my shelf with “feel good” books.
Thanks for registering it, Ayla-Mey, and for bringing it to Castricum, dutch-flybabe!

Journal Entry 8 by wingKafka1954wing at Arenbergschouwburg in Antwerpen, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, January 30, 2017

Released 9 mos ago (1/30/2017 UTC) at Arenbergschouwburg in Antwerpen, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

Farewell, book! Find pastures new!
And please tell me about your travels...

Journal Entry 9 by Katarina-Coco at Essen, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, February 02, 2017

I saw the book in Arenbergschouwburg in Antwerp and took it home after the play of BATS. It will be smiling at me and tells me, please read me but first the other pending books. And then I will set it free again!

Journal Entry 10 by Katarina-Coco at Dogma Cocktails in Antwerpen, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, November 12, 2017

Released 5 days ago (11/15/2017 UTC) at Dogma Cocktails in Antwerpen, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

Whoever may find this book now! Enjoy the beautiful love story.