The Beach

by Alex Garland | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by BookBirds of -- wild in the usa, -- Wild Released somewhere in USA -- USA on 6/13/2012
Journal Entry 1 by BookBirds from -- wild in the usa, -- Wild Released somewhere in USA -- USA on Wednesday, June 13, 2012
I found this at the library book sale! (Like I needed to go..)

I needed to rescue this one as it is one of my favorite books, but I don't like the cover. Though Danny Boyle, the director of the movie, is one of my favorites, I think the movie gives the book a bad name. The book is much better.

Journal Entry 2 by BookBirds at Central Square, New York USA on Monday, July 09, 2012
This one is now a book ray! Let me know if you'd like to join! (US only, sorry.) Not many rules, just journal when you get the book, what you've thought of it, and pass it along!

Participants:

Faramir10 (Texas)
Imuzak12 (Texas)
Bulan-Purnama
oldreader
??Your name?? -- Let me know if you want to be added!
Otherwise, the book should continue on!

Journal Entry 3 by BookBirds at Central Square, New York USA on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (8/2/2012 UTC) at Central Square, New York USA

And the ray is on its way! It's a short list of participants right now. Even if I can't find more readers... I'm happy to share the book anyway! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by faramir10 at Snyder, Texas USA on Monday, August 06, 2012
Received the book today. Thank you.

Journal Entry 5 by faramir10 at Snyder, Texas USA on Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Not my cup of tea. I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. It was way too violent for me, and I had trouble following the storyline because a certain person kept popping up without notice. I can't say anymore about that because I don't want to give anything away.

This is going in the mail today.

Journal Entry 6 by imuzak12 at Corpus Christi, Texas USA on Thursday, August 16, 2012
I received the book today in the mail! Thanks to cinnycat for offering this bookray and to faramir10 for mailing this book to me:) I am currently reading a few books. I am going to start this one as soon as I finish those.

ETA -10.7.12.
I'm sorry for taking so long time to read this book. I am hoping to finish it by the end of October. When I get close to the end of this book, I will resurrect the original book-ray thread and ask for more readers.

Journal Entry 7 by imuzak12 at Corpus Christi, Texas USA on Monday, November 19, 2012
I am not sure why, but it took a little while for me to get into the story at first. I knew I was going to like this book though. The writing of this book was really nice. I liked the effect from the presence of Mister Duck.It was almost like you were gradually daydreaming (or tripping) with Richard more and more, at this unreal, secluded beach. The ending was superb! The book definitely has the similar theme with Lord of the Fries, which is one of my favorites. I don't have any particular interests in traveling Indonesian beach or anything in common with travelers in those areas, but I absolutely enjoyed this book.

I am going to send this book to the next reader as ray-it-forward.

Journal Entry 8 by imuzak12 at -- BOOKRAY, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, November 19, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (11/19/2012 UTC) at -- BOOKRAY, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Mail the book to the next reader, Bulan-Purnama :)

ETA -11.22.12-
This book is now on its way to Bulan-Purnama, and I just received a request from oldreader. I am going to forward oldreader's request to Bulan-Purnama. There is now two members who are interested in reading this book, and I hope there will be more in future :)

Possible "bookray" mailing order:
1. Bulan-Purnama
2. oldreader

Journal Entry 9 by Bulan-Purnama at Springfield, Oregon USA on Tuesday, November 27, 2012
It is here in Oregon. I have one book to finish, then, I will start with this one next week. Thanks Imuzak12 for mailing.

Journal Entry 10 by Bulan-Purnama at Springfield, Oregon USA on Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Just to let everyone know that I am halfway through the book. I hope to finish it end of this month.

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Year.

Journal Entry 11 by Bulan-Purnama at Springfield, Oregon USA on Saturday, February 16, 2013
Finally finished with this novel. A fast moving story plot, lots of intrique, adventure, mystery, it will keep the reader on edge. Violence sprinkle here and there not for the faint heart. Why the author has to insert an irritating person every so often. My thought about this book, well written too much violence for my liking.

Will mail to the next reader.

Journal Entry 12 by Bulan-Purnama at Springfield, Oregon USA on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (2/26/2013 UTC) at Springfield, Oregon USA

Mailed today to the next reader.

Journal Entry 13 by oldreader at Citrus Heights, California USA on Tuesday, March 05, 2013
arrived today.