The Distant Hours

by Kate Morton | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by MoomaOma of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 6/8/2012
Journal Entry 1 by MoomaOma from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, June 08, 2012
Picked up this book as someone told me it was very good. Not really my type of book, I found it too slow

Journal Entry 2 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, June 08, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (6/10/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Will release at June Bookcrossing meeting at Joshua Tree Cafe in Calgary, AB

Journal Entry 3 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Picked up at the June meetup.

Journal Entry 4 by megami-no-ushi at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (9/14/2013 UTC) at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the September meeting.

I really enjoyed this two era mystery where chapters that swap between past and present build up each other in this intricate mystery. The setting is just fabulous as well.

To the finder:
Calgary has an active group of BookCrossers that meet to swap books and discuss book crossing every second Saturday of the month at 11am at the Joshua Tree Cafe on Edmonton Trail. We always love to meet new crossers, so please join us any time you like!

Journal Entry 5 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Caught this book at the September meet up at Cravings.

Journal Entry 6 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, October 22, 2013
I picked this book as it fit with the war theme. I enjoyed the story - it really brought to life how the war affected people. There was a bit of a stretch near the end, but I could live with it. Interesting characters and all these different strands kept getting woven together.

Journal Entry 7 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (11/9/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this book to the November meeting at Cravings. I picked this out of the pile as it fits with the war theme.

Journal Entry 8 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 10, 2013
I was thinking about why I resist thick books; it's too much of a commitment, it's too heavy, etc.. Now that the doorstop book is here maybe I should look forward to the detailed world the author has crafted.
And a thick book can really support a lot of smaller books on Mt TBR.... :)

Journal Entry 9 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 30, 2014
I have avoided taking this book off Mt TBR for a while because I didn't want to start a long story. But once I got into the book it actually moved along well with interconnected character stories. I enjoyed the book but I think the story would have improved with editing. The ending of each character's story was too wordy and tedious; it lessened the impact of the story for me.

Journal Entry 10 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (7/12/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Took the book to the Calgary BC meetup today.

Journal Entry 11 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 12, 2014
Picked up at the July 2014 meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers at Cravings Restaurant Market.

Journal Entry 12 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, March 17, 2015
I foraged through to page 146, but I found the pace of the story just to slow to draw me in. This book will return to the group to find a new reader.

Journal Entry 13 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 09, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (5/9/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the May meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers at Cravings Market Restaurant, to find a new reader.

Journal Entry 14 by MoomaOma at Canmore Rocky Mountain Inn in Canmore, Alberta Canada on Monday, September 04, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (9/4/2017 UTC) at Canmore Rocky Mountain Inn in Canmore, Alberta Canada

Hope this is found and enjoyed.