Wicked Bugs: The Louse That Conquered Napoleon's Army & Other Diabolical Insects

by Amy Stewart | Pets & Animals | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 6/5/2012
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, June 05, 2012
Etchings and drawings by Briony Morrow-Cribbs; here's the author's website.

A fascinating look at the insects who are so much a part of our world, whether we want them to be or not.

Just sent out another copy of this book in a book box, but it makes me think of skeeterbess, so I'll be sending this one traveling soon in her memory.

She didn't update her BC page when she moved to Texas, but it reflects the woman I knew..and still miss. A hui hou, skeet.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, July 07, 2012
The copy I ordered was waiting for me when I got home from vacation a few days ago, so it will be going out soon with a "skeeterbug" magnetic bookmark (which I think came from skeeterbess) and a recipe for Guinness Chocolate Mousse(from ApoloniaX) that I know she would have loved.

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (7/14/2012 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

At long last, this book is on its way to the Netherlands in memory of my buddy skeeterbess.

Good night, sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite! :p

Edit 2013: just found a useful site about bugs: What's That Bug?

Journal Entry 4 by wingchamonix44wing at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, July 27, 2012
This fantastic book arrived today. I keep dipping into it. It is just so interesting. I will put it on the coffee table so that lots of people can read bits of it.
Thanks also for the very apt bug magnetic bookmark. It's great and the Guiness recipe. I like Guiness. Maybe I'll try out the mousse one of these days!
I'm honoured to receive this lovely book in memory of your buddy skeeterbess.