Compulsion (Alex Delaware, No. 22)

by Jonathan Kellerman | Audiobooks |
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 6/3/2012
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, June 17, 2012
Abridgement approved by the author. On 5 CDs and read by John Rubinstein.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (11/14/2013 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Headed out in BigJohnLefty's CD box; released for pinkoeria's e-less challenge.

Journal Entry 3 by k00kaburra at San Jose, California USA on Monday, January 06, 2014
This book enjoyed a brief stop in San Jose, CA before continuing its journey in the Audio Bookbox!

Journal Entry 4 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Wednesday, February 19, 2014
taking out of BigJohnLefty's audio bookbox

Journal Entry 5 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Wednesday, May 21, 2014
from the back of the box:
A tipsy young woman seeking aid on a desolate highway disappears into the inky black night. A retired schoolteacher is stabbed to death in broad daylight. Two women are butchered after closing time in a small-town beauty parlor. These and other bizarre acts of cruelty and psychopathy are linked only by the killer's use of luxury vehicles and a baffling lack of motive. The ultimate whodunits, these crimes demand the attention of LAPD detective Milo Sturgis and his collaborator on the crime bear, psychologist Alex Delaware.

My thoughts:
I enjoyed listening to the story. Occasionally I felt some of the connections made between the various crimes was somewhat of a stretch, but in the end the bad guy was found and justice will be served.

Journal Entry 6 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Friday, May 30, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (5/31/2014 UTC) at Kirkland, Washington USA

giving to dabercro when I see her this weekend

Journal Entry 7 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Saturday, May 31, 2014
Received from Aberpeter when I was with her this weekend. Thanks!

Journal Entry 8 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Friday, January 09, 2015
My husband and I listened to this book while on a road trip. My hubby figured out who the murderer was very early on.

Journal Entry 9 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Thursday, March 12, 2015
Reserving for booklady331's CD Only Audio VBB.

Journal Entry 10 by dabercro at Virtual Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (6/16/2015 UTC) at Virtual Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Chosen from the audio VBB. Sending to indygo88 in IN.

Journal Entry 11 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Got it -- thanks, dabercro!

Journal Entry 12 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Saturday, January 16, 2016
Several seemingly unrelated murders tied together loosely, initially only by the fact that the killer seems to like extravagant black cars. Despite this being an abridged audio, I felt that it flowed fairly well, with the exception of a rather quick & tidy ending.

Despite the lukewarm reviews for this one, I enjoyed it -- certainly enough to read more of Jonathan Kellerman and his Alex Delaware series.

Journal Entry 13 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Friday, April 22, 2016
Reserved for another round in booklady331's audio VBB.

Journal Entry 14 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Sunday, May 01, 2016
Wrapped up & ready to go to tostle, who chose this one from the audio VBB.

Journal Entry 15 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, May 15, 2016
Thank you for sharing this book!

Journal Entry 16 by askmargaret at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, July 17, 2016
I did not finish this book.