A Good Yarn (MIRA)

by Debbie Macomber | Women's Fiction |
Registered by Cinderess on 5/28/2012
Journal Entry 1 by Cinderess on Monday, May 28, 2012
Found in a Michael Sobell charity shop for 95p today (and another in the series) this is a good clean copy, so a real bargain.

I love it when I can picture landmarks and places in books. This is set in Seattle which I know fairly well.

This book definitely felt like a guilty pleasure; it's predictable, the characters aren't particularly well-developed and the style of writing can be rather tedious and long winded.....BUT there is just something so cosy and warm about the series; which probably explains the books' best selling status.

I'm looking out for the third book in the Blossom Street series now!

Journal Entry 3 by Cinderess at A Trade, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (9/12/2012 UTC) at A Trade, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Here's the second in the series. I'm looking out for the third book still!

Journal Entry 4 by TaxManager at Headington, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 14, 2012
Thanks for this, look forward to finding out what is happening to the little band of knitters!

Journal Entry 5 by TaxManager at Market Rasen, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 22, 2012
An enjoyable lightweight mohair of a book. It is fun to read about Seattle and I am more determined than ever to pay a return visit soon.

Like the first book this is centred around one of the knitting groups which meets at the wool shop.

I did like the "random acts of kindness" part. I hope Maverick is in the next book as he's an interesting character.

Journal Entry 6 by TaxManager at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (10/8/2012 UTC) at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Returning to Cinderess to give to Footymadgill.

Welcome to Book Crossing! If you are new please take a look around and consider joining book crossing - it is free and confidential and it is great fun following the progress of your books.

Please name TaxManager as your referrer.

Don't forget to do another journal when you have read the book and also when, hopefully, you re-release it.

Journal Entry 7 by Cinderess at a meetup, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Monday, October 08, 2012
Thanks for getting this book back. FMG has been saying she's short of knitting fiction books lately. ;-p

Journal Entry 8 by Cinderess at a RAY, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Friday, October 26, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (10/26/2012 UTC) at a RAY, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

And on to the next reader in our little book ray!

Journal Entry 9 by footymadgill at Croydon, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, October 27, 2012
Thanks for rescuing for me ;-)

Released 6 yrs ago (4/19/2013 UTC) at Norgeshus (BC Convention 2013) in Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden

Releasing on the book buffet table at the Annual Convention

Journal Entry 11 by Nordpirat at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Sunday, April 21, 2013
I had never heard of this series before, but it sort of "spoke to me".
Might be a while 'til I read it though; I plan to get hold of a copy of the first book in the series first. That's just how I like to read series. Wish me "happy hunting" for The shop on Blossom Street...

Journal Entry 12 by Nordpirat at Bromma, Stockholm Sweden on Sunday, June 03, 2018

Journal Entry 13 by Nordpirat at Riddarholmen in Riddarholmen, Stockholm Sweden on Sunday, June 03, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (6/3/2018 UTC) at Riddarholmen in Riddarholmen, Stockholm Sweden

Dear finder of this book;
Welcome to bookcrossing!
Please make a journal entry and let us know where you found this book. When you've read it, feel free to release it back into the wild again to help it continue its journey and find new readers.
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 14 by Szuchita at Skövde, Västergötland Sweden on Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Found in the train-station in Skövde (sweden).