Emotional Geology

by Linda Gillard | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1905175078 Global Overview for this book
Registered by winglytteltonwitchwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 5/27/2012
Journal Entry 1 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, May 27, 2012
I bought this book on Skye and I think that it was from the Reptile Centre. I read the book but didn't think much of it. It wasn't helped by the author not doing her research properly, if you are going to use a quote then get the said quote correct and also attribute to the correct person.
On page 50 the author quotes Sherpa Tenzing as saying We've done the bugger. It is extremely unlikely that Tenzing said this. Sir Edmund Hillary did say to his friend George Lowe 'Well George we knocked the bastard off'

Journal Entry 2 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (5/30/2012 UTC) at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Posted to a fellow bookcrosser. I remember this author from London and to find the book in Scotland and read it while staying on Skye was interesting. This book annoyed me on several levels and it just didn't jell for me. Because of the London connection Otakuu might be interested if you don't wish to read this book.

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Arrived home tonight to an exciting parcel - thanks!

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, January 24, 2015
Finally got round to reading this, and I actually quite enjoyed it (though I also cringed at the misquoting/misattribution of the Hillary quote). I thought the way she depicted the inner monologue of mental illness (and its contribution to creativity) was interestingly done, and I liked the descriptions of the landscape of Skye and Uist - brought back memories of a brief visit I had to Skye many years ago (didn't make it to Uist, although I did have it pointed out to me in the distance). Not a perfect book by any means, but very readable.

Journal Entry 5 by futurecat at Addington Coffee Co-Op in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, February 21, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (2/20/2015 UTC) at Addington Coffee Co-Op in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Left on the book-swap shelf after our first bookcrossing meetup of the year.

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

^ ^