The Mark (Henry Parker Novels)

by Jason Pinter | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wickedgoodshari of Brooklin, Maine USA on 5/25/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wickedgoodshari from Brooklin, Maine USA on Thursday, July 19, 2012
From the back of the book:

Right as I'm about to die, I realize all the myths are fake. There's no white light at the end of a tunnel. My life isn't flashing before my eyes.

All I can think about is how much I want to live.

I moved to New York City a month ago to become the best journalist the world had ever seen. To find the greatest stories never told. And now here I am—Henry Parker, twenty-four years old and weary beyond rational thought, a bullet one trigger pull from ending my life.

I can't run. Running is all Amanda and I have done for the past seventy-two hours. And I'm tired. Tired of knowing the truth and not being able to tell it.

Five minutes ago I thought I had the story all figured out.

I knew that both of these men—one an FBI agent, the other an assassin—wanted me dead, but for very different reasons.

If I die tonight—more people will die tomorrow.

Journal Entry 2 by wickedgoodshari at Oakland, California USA on Monday, July 23, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (7/23/2012 UTC) at Oakland, California USA

given in a RABCK manner... Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by eastbaybookmisr at Oakland, California USA on Wednesday, July 25, 2012
"Caught" this today in the mail! Thank you!

2007 Mira paperback of the debut thriller. This was on my list of best recent debut thrillers to read.

Edit January 2, 2018: This was very entertaining. It seems a bit silly in parts, and it is easy to tell that the author is quite young. The characters are not very deep. But it's a thriller, and fun to go along for the ride. I currently have this ranked at #902 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Released 1 mo ago (1/2/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library at 814 Paloma Avenue in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.