Victorian Chaise Longue

by Marghanita Laski | Horror |
Registered by Watchcat of -- Not a city (geographical features, etc), New Jersey USA on 5/22/2012
Journal Entry 1 by Watchcat from -- Not a city (geographical features, etc), New Jersey USA on Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Yes, 'longue,' not 'lounge.' This frightening little 1953 novella is most often found in collections of classic horror/ghost stories, but sometime, somewhere I got my paws on a stand-alone edition. You'll read it in one quick sitting, but its effects will stay with you for awhile. Manchester Guardian review sums it up nicely: "...this strange, short novel shows with quiet but almost ferocious power the minutely observed distortions of nightmare."

My copy is a well-worn 1960 Ballantine Books PB with 1960s cover art that looks like something Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce would design.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To whoever find the book:

Kind Reader,
Just a quick note that I've registered this book at BookCrossing.com, so that I can track its journey: where it goes, who reads it (you can remain anonymous), and what they thought of it. Please visit www.BookCrossing.com/336-11145085 to make a quick journal entry, then pass the book along to someone else who will appreciate it.
Thank you!