Before I Go to Sleep

by S. J. Watson | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Projekt-X of Kensington and Chelsea, Greater London United Kingdom on 5/21/2012
Journal Entry 1 by Projekt-X from Kensington and Chelsea, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, May 21, 2012
Christine wakes in a strange bed beside a man she does not recognise. In the bathroom she finds a photograph of him taped to the mirror, and beneath it the words 'Your husband'.Each day, Christine wakes knowing nothing of her life. Each night, her mind erases the day. But before she goes to sleep, she will recover fragments from her past, flashbacks to the accident that damaged her, and then-mercifully-she will forget.Chilling, exquisitely crafted and compulsively readable, S. J. Watson's debut novel Before I Go to Sleep is a psychological thriller of the highest order. It asks primary questions. Are there things best not remembered? Who are we if we do not know our own history? How do we love without memory?